Gillis Works on Song Structure2009-04-23 by Oneironaut | 4 Comments
|In a call with Billboard.com ahead of his scheduled appearance at Bonnaroo (June 11-14), and hot off the heels of an energetic set at the Coachella festival, Gregg Gillis gave insight into what direction his new album might take. His creations might take on a new form akin to an actual traditional song structure, with repetition in the forms of actual verses and choruses. Instead of the constant changes that have left listeners guessing while grooving, Gillis states in the interview that he wants to "evolve and keep refining." While no release date is set as to when he'll bring us his new creative mashes, he talks of staying faithful to his label Illegal Art, and ponders the idea of a live album. Check the interview out here:|
Tagged: Girl Talk
Stfu GT, just stick to your normal shit.
I'm kind of on the fence. Recognizable cues in the music could turn out to be awesome, feeling like an actual song and all, but I love GT the way it is.
im sure it will be good, he hasnt failed yet. he's live shows are starting to suck though not what they used to be.
Yeah, it's noble of him to try and take a step forward. He could easily stay in this style and ultimately be forgotten for it. This could actually turn out to be a really good thing.
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• Jesse Lacey Allegations
• Brand new Brand New record
• Black Malachite calls it quits
• The Old Taylor is Dead
• RIP Tom Petty
• Converge Release New Single
• Decapitated accused of rape
• Lil Peep Dead At 21
• 30 Seconds to Mars 'Walk on Water'
• New Good Tiger singles
• Malcolm Young Dies
• Ex-Guitarist to Sue The Used
• Chaos Moon streams album
• New Machine Head song
• New Childspeak Video
• Real Friends "Get By"
• Asthme stream namesake LP
• The Plot In You New Album
• New American Nightmare in 2018?
• A Perfect Circle's new video
• New Dashboard Confessional LP
• Eddie Hermida allegations
• STP Unveil New Singer
• Glassjaw - Material Control info
» see all news