Modest Mouse Singer's A Cutter2007-03-21 by Dave de Sylvia STAFF | 9 Comments
|Wacky Isaac Brock, frontman of famous-for-being-wacky rock band Modest Mouse, has become involved in yet another wacky incident at a gig in South Dakota.|
According to several eye-witness accounts, which are at least partially vindicated by video footage, Brock freaked out in the middle of the track 'Tiny Cities Made of Ashes' at an apparently malfunctioning microphone, whacking himself on the head with it several times before drawing a blade and cutting himself in the chest twice before being restrained by a stage hand. He apparently fell against the barrier at the stage-front later in the show.
An alternate account, posted by a youtube user, accepts that Brock did cut himself, but accidentally, noting: "this my friends account, so don't attribute this post to this name. but i was at this show and up close--the cut happened during tiny cities while isaac's mic's weren't working...
"It looked like he was trying to cut something on the mic or on a box or something and then he wiped the blade across his shirt and it put two wholes in his shirt and caused him to bleed from each spot--the cut itself wasn't really 12 inches long, it just broke through the shirt in two different spots."
Either way, the band continued unabashed and Brock finished the track and the remainder of the concert.
Modest Mouse released their fifth album We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, the first with former Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr, yesterday (Tuesday).
Original report: http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/41806
'Float On' footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE5LmtVGktE
Tagged: Modest Mouse
Issace Brock is hXc
All the more reason to see them live.
Wait, wasn't that story that was posted here a while back about "Emo is Dangerous" from South Dakota. If it is, there probably flippin out about now.
Good on him. Stick it to that microphone!
Iggy Pop did it before! He isn't cool!This Message Edited On 03.22.07
He was supposedly blind drunk at this gig whilst this all happened. Someone who there told me on another forum.
sad, sad Brock
this guy likes to party.
I didnt particularly like the song either...no wonder he did that.
• Jesse Lacey Allegations
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• Brand new Brand New record
• Childish Gambino's America
• Lil Peep Dead At 21
• Wil Francis accused of abuse
• The Old Taylor is Dead
• Black Malachite calls it quits
• Glassjaw - Material Control info
• Decapitated accused of rape
• Dueling EPs from Iglooghost
• Are Being As An Ocean 'Alone'?
• The Prodigy debut new single
• Bosse-de-Nage premier new song
• Voivod air new music
• New Count to Altek EP out
• Intronaut/Bereft project: Future ..
• Dweezil Zappa's new live album
• Second New Foxing Single
• New Alkaline Trio Song/Album
• The Story So Far "Let It Go"
• Sepulcher stream new track
• Anaal Nathrakh share new track
• New kinds of Plini sounds
• Riverside Enter the Wasteland
» see all news