Tao's Major Label Debut Stream2013-06-03 by robertsona STAFF | 8 Comments
|Conrad Tao, piano wonderkid and Sputnikmusic Staff Emeritus, has an all-new collection of |
pieces out on EMI--it's called "Voyages," and it's streaming on NPR right now. Including
performances of Ravel's notoriously difficult "Gaspard De La Nuit" and the first-ever
recording of Meredith Monk's "Railroad (Travel Song)," the album is Tao's major label debut,
and its release coincides with both his 19th birthday and the commencement of his own three-
day music festival, the UNPLAY Festival, in Brooklyn.
Also included on the album are the four-part "vestiges" and "Iridescence," both composed by
Conrad, the latter performed on piano and iPad. Kids these days. The album is out June 11th.
Listen here: http://www.npr.org/2013/06/02/187291751/first-listen-conrad-tao-voyages
Tagged: Conrad Tao
Kids these days .
(Congrats Conrad!! This sounds amaze-balls!)
Neat! I knew he was talented but I had no clue off all the accolades he's gotten over the years.
i like how sputnik spaced this news post
w o w.
sweet write up and congrats conrad mezzfam
what a beast
looking forward to hearing your gaspard, conrad
• Jesse Lacey Allegations
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• Brand new Brand New record
• Black Malachite calls it quits
• Glassjaw - Material Control info
• The Old Taylor is Dead
• Lil Peep Dead At 21
• RIP Tom Petty
• Decapitated accused of rape
• Converge Release New Single
• First new Cog in a decade
• Hot Snakes Return
• The Eels Deconstruct
• Decemberists New Album/Single
• New Visigoth Single
• Silverstein Suffer Whiplash
• Skin of Cecile stream Ars Moriendi
• BTBAM Announce Double Album
• New Mournful Congregation song
• 'New' Jimi Hendrix cover
• New Mount Eerie pre-order
• New Material by Preoccupations
• Don Broco go to LA
• Rainbow Kitten Surprise's Fever P..
• Cocteau Twins repress
» see all news