Feculent Stream New Track2021-03-07 by Robert Garland STAFF | 2 Comments
|Featuring current members of Shackles, Snorlax, Resin Tomb, Descent, Siberian Hell Sounds and Idle Ruin, Brisbane-based death-metal quartet Feculent have just revealed a new track from their forthcoming debut album “The Grotesque Arena” due out on March 19th via Brilliant Emperor Records.|
Titled “Weaponisation of the Amygdala: Endless Warfare”, this new track is now playing at Heavy Blog Is Heavy, who commented "The track glides effortlessly between an onslaught of enveloping chord progressions a la Ulcerate and disgusting OSDM grooves, painting Feculent as would-be masters of contemporary death metal."
Drummer Brendan Auld elaborates on their versatile approach on a breakdown of the track’s writing process:
“Lyrically it’s about group polarization and having our worst impulses and instincts used against us by other entities. Musically, a lot of the riff inspirations came from Morbid Angel & Artificial Brain. The first 2 riffs were all we started with and the rest was writing in the room together jamming out ideas and following our instincts for death metal. Rhythmically, I just wanted to play the most pummeling groove driven blast beats I could without having to rely on any skank beats to bridge the fast bits.”
• Jesse Lacey Allegations
• Jayyvon Opens Up About Abuse
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Deftones stream new single
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• New Kaonashi Single, Album
• Mudvayne to reunite
• Gabestok stream sophomore album
• Opeth's Blackwater 2: Electric Pa..
• Pendulum "Come Alive" with new si..
• Vision Video stream debut LP
• Fear Factory Release New Song
• New Pestilence Song
• Devastating Light release LP
• Telescopium's tribute to EVH, Pea..
• New Myles Oliver album
• Heavy Feather stream new album
• Jagger and Grohl fix pandemic
• Quicksand release “Inversion”
• New Royal Blood/Homme single
» see all news