Tom Verlaine dead at 732023-01-29 by Reverse Perpendiculars | 15 Comments
|Tom Verlaine passed peacefully to an unnamed "brief illness" at the age of 73, and was said to have been surrounded by his close friends at the time of his death.|
Known as a monumental figurehead for the band Television, their 1977 landmark debut album Marquee Moon (and it's subsequent 10+ minute title track) was listed in Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time at #107. After Television first disbanded in 1978, Tom went on to have a prolific solo career with several albums.
You can play out the track below in honor of him.
Marquee Moon was a groundbreaking masterpiece.
R.I.P. to a legend
Goated track. Hard RIP
RIP Tom. I'll jam Marquee Moon for the rest of my days.
rest in peace
RIP to a real one
shit. RIP to an OG
Damn I just started to jam this record like two weeks ago. Rip.
Very sad news. I always loved the two first two albums of Television.
Marquee Moon is a thing of mystery and legend, godspeed
little johnny jewel relates to some of my earliest musical memories
Tom Verlaine was one of most underrated/forgotten reinventors of rock as a musical genre. Marquee Moon is the ground zero for everything that gets categorized as post-punk these days.
• Jesse Lacey Allegations
• Jayyvon Opens Up About Abuse
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Deftones stream new single
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Brand new Brand New Single
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Gabestok stream new LP
• New Wolfgang Van Halen single
• Metal Church tease 13th album
• New Ascended Dead LP, May 12th
• Linkin Park's Fighting Myself
• Chat Pile and Nerver split EP
• New Creeping Death LP, June 16th
• Olkoth are at the eye of chaos
• Jeromes Dream Head South
• Well Intentioned Resilia EP
• Triumpher are storming the walls
• Sargent House allegations
• Fallujah drummer quits band
• Dygora reveal it was a trap
• New Thy Catafalque song and album
» see all news