Vehemence (FRA)
Par le sang versé

by Hawks USER (111 Reviews)
February 23rd, 2019 | 65 replies

Release Date: 2019 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Take a trip into the Middle Ages.

Music is a life saver to a lot of people. It’s one thing that gives us the ability to get lost in time. To be transported to another world via headphones or speakers or however you choose to listen. Vehemence is a French band that I just recently stumbled upon and their new album, Par le sang versé, is definitely other worldly. They mix raw black metal with traditional folk music and the end result is something extremely alluring and addicting.

The main thing that made me fall in love with this album was how immaculate and perfect they blend the lo-fi, jarring intensity of the rawest black metal you’ll hear with the sheer beauty of acoustic folk music with horns blaring while always maintaining the feeling that you’re marching through a forest looking for the ***ing holy grail. The album’s focus is on medieval folklore and things of a similar nature. While the black metal parts are indeed on the raw end of the spectrum, the production is never grating on the listener in any type of way. The savage riffs are clear and concise, the drumming is extravagant, specifically the masterful cymbal work and the acoustics are blended in without damaging the flow of the album. The vocals are an impeccable mixture of the fierce black metal squalling as well as some soaring and smooth cleans.

Par le sang versé will put you smack dab in the center of the Middle Ages. It’ll have you feel like you’re going to war to rescue the love of your life from the enemies you despise. There’s beauty and pain and everything in between. Vehemence will make you feel many different emotions throughout the almost hour long length of the album. An hour may seem like a lot to some, but not when you’re fully immersed in what you’re listening to. If you enjoy being led astray into your listening experience then Par le sang versé is definitely an album that you’ll want to check out.

Sterbend Dwelling LifelessFallujah Undying Light
Imperialist CipherIllyria The Carpathian Summit
Cara Neir Part III / Part IVGrouper Cover the Windows and the Walls

Everyone jam.

Digging: Full of Hell - Weeping Choir

DivergentThinking
February 23rd 2019

Nice review dude. I’m definitely intrigued by this “black metal meets medieval folk” thing you’re talking about... I’ll go check it out today :]

February 23rd 2019

YESSSSS!!! Kinda like their countrymen Peste Noire only no racist bullshit and less experimental.

February 23rd 2019

Hell yeah this sounds like fun, gonna listen asap

Digging: Tyler, the Creator - IGOR

February 23rd 2019

I think you’ll love this bro.

February 23rd 2019

Where can I listen to this?

February 23rd 2019

Prob should’ve linked in the first comment lol.

February 23rd 2019

Love the clean vox so far lol, sounds like drunken chanting

February 23rd 2019

Yeah the cleans are so goooooood.

February 23rd 2019

This is an absolute blast so far, ngl it honestly kinda reminds me of Protest The Hero a little

February 23rd 2019

Really???? Lmao idk if I understand that one hahaha.

February 23rd 2019

The relentless triumphant upbeat shredding and the folklore stuff

February 23rd 2019

The bm is so well excecuted here yeah but the folk parts really make it for me. They blend the styles so seemlessly though.

Nazzadan
February 23rd 2019

The French meloblack scene is so untouchable lately

February 23rd 2019

Nazz I knew this would be up your alley. m/

budgie
February 23rd 2019

by god the worst review ive ever read in my entire life

Digging: Antonio Vivaldi - Twelve Violin Sonatas, Op. 2

Hey Budge. ;]

manosg
February 23rd 2019

Glad to see this one reviewed. Solid stuff.

Digging: Arch/Matheos - Winter Ethereal

NIIIIIIIICE!!!

budgie
February 23rd 2019

album artwork is kinda kewwww though