News Articles 5
Band Edits + Tags 223
Album Edits 137
Album Ratings 1240
Last Active 12-31-22 8:46 pm
Review Comments 7,885
|Top 10 Haken Songs|
- Crazy song, jumping from section to section so sporadically, in a Between the Buried and Me type fashion. Haken put every idea they could possibly think of into this song, and though some ideas are better than others, theres too many moments on this that appeal to me to place it any lower than number 1.
Nil by Mouth
- I am a fan of djent afterall, and this is probably the most djenty Haken song. Once again insanely catchy, love those heavy chords, an amazing moment to groove to. This strikes me as a Dream Theater instrumental track but modernized, their Dance of Eternity perhaps.
- Ultra mega banger, great way to start off Virus. Amazing djenty riffing, and completely filled with hooky moments. I have this song constantly stuck in my head.
Falling Back to Earth
- Though I did say previously I was not a fan of the theatrics of older Haken material, this track in particular has little of it, and has one of their best choruses as well. The main riff a favorite as well.
- Absolutely stunning song, amazing emotive piece.
- Love the atmosphere that's created on this, great chorus. Though I think the instrumental break goes on a little bit too long, it's still great nonetheless.
- Beautiful song, great melodic choices. Very intricate instrumentals but doesnt go overboard with it. This was one of the first Haken songs I heard, fond memories.
- Very fun song the uptempo energy of this is great. Great instrumentation over all, one of favorite solos from Henshall.
- I like most components to this song, the chorus is great. I think the bridge section drags on too long. If this was 9 minutes it would probably be better off.
- Not a fan of the theatrics on older Haken songs, though some undeniable great moments on this, epic track.
|alphabet of me is #1|
|of the ten you chose, i think 8 is my favorite|
|Damn I have an almost completely different top 10. In no particular order I think I'd go: |
- Falling back to Earth
- Messiah Complex
- Atlas Stone
- The Mind's Eye
|props for Lapse, interesting song. Very addicting|
|No "Paredolia"? No "Visions"? No "Drowning in the Flood"?|
Good list though. It's hard to go wrong with Haken.
|Lapse is such a great one, agreed|
|DAYS AND NIGHTS SEEM NEVER-ENDINGGG|