Gillis Works on Song Structure2009-04-23 by Oneironaut | 4 Comments
|In a call with Billboard.com ahead of his scheduled appearance at Bonnaroo (June 11-14), and hot off the heels of an energetic set at the Coachella festival, Gregg Gillis gave insight into what direction his new album might take. His creations might take on a new form akin to an actual traditional song structure, with repetition in the forms of actual verses and choruses. Instead of the constant changes that have left listeners guessing while grooving, Gillis states in the interview that he wants to "evolve and keep refining." While no release date is set as to when he'll bring us his new creative mashes, he talks of staying faithful to his label Illegal Art, and ponders the idea of a live album. Check the interview out here:|
Tagged: Girl Talk
Stfu GT, just stick to your normal shit.
I'm kind of on the fence. Recognizable cues in the music could turn out to be awesome, feeling like an actual song and all, but I love GT the way it is.
im sure it will be good, he hasnt failed yet. he's live shows are starting to suck though not what they used to be.
Yeah, it's noble of him to try and take a step forward. He could easily stay in this style and ultimately be forgotten for it. This could actually turn out to be a really good thing.
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Riverside guitarist dies
• ALLB Trace the Lines
• New Shadow Of Intent Single
• Stream A New Machine EP
• Eidola Single & Album Details
• Prayers of Sanity stream new song
• Five Finger Death Punch less Mood..
• Roger Waters album details
• New Ladybaby single, video
• Eighteen Visions Return
• New Rise Against Song
• Trophy Scars Tease 9th Album
• New CHON song
• Nothingface's singer passes away
• Jawbreaker to reunite at Riotfest
• New Ayreon Video
» see all news