Gillis Works on Song Structure2009-04-23 by Oneironaut | 4 Comments
|In a call with Billboard.com ahead of his scheduled appearance at Bonnaroo (June 11-14), and hot off the heels of an energetic set at the Coachella festival, Gregg Gillis gave insight into what direction his new album might take. His creations might take on a new form akin to an actual traditional song structure, with repetition in the forms of actual verses and choruses. Instead of the constant changes that have left listeners guessing while grooving, Gillis states in the interview that he wants to "evolve and keep refining." While no release date is set as to when he'll bring us his new creative mashes, he talks of staying faithful to his label Illegal Art, and ponders the idea of a live album. Check the interview out here:|
Tagged: Girl Talk
Stfu GT, just stick to your normal shit.
I'm kind of on the fence. Recognizable cues in the music could turn out to be awesome, feeling like an actual song and all, but I love GT the way it is.
im sure it will be good, he hasnt failed yet. he's live shows are starting to suck though not what they used to be.
Yeah, it's noble of him to try and take a step forward. He could easily stay in this style and ultimately be forgotten for it. This could actually turn out to be a really good thing.
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Wintersun reveal crowdfunding pac..
• Our Last Night cover Linkin Park
• Have Mercy announce new album
• Paladin Debut Demo
• Congrats New Hires!
• Dead Rabbitts Reveal New Video
• R.I.P. Toshio Nakanishi
• Knuckle Puck debut new single
• Remo Drive premiere new singles
• Uneven Structure release video
• Havok vs. Fake News in third sing..
• Ghost Bath Announce Album
• New Seether single, album
• Ulver announce new album
• New Acceptance Album Stream
» see all news