Gillis Works on Song Structure2009-04-23 by Oneironaut | 4 Comments
|In a call with Billboard.com ahead of his scheduled appearance at Bonnaroo (June 11-14), and hot off the heels of an energetic set at the Coachella festival, Gregg Gillis gave insight into what direction his new album might take. His creations might take on a new form akin to an actual traditional song structure, with repetition in the forms of actual verses and choruses. Instead of the constant changes that have left listeners guessing while grooving, Gillis states in the interview that he wants to "evolve and keep refining." While no release date is set as to when he'll bring us his new creative mashes, he talks of staying faithful to his label Illegal Art, and ponders the idea of a live album. Check the interview out here:|
Tagged: Girl Talk
Stfu GT, just stick to your normal shit.
I'm kind of on the fence. Recognizable cues in the music could turn out to be awesome, feeling like an actual song and all, but I love GT the way it is.
Digging: Three Trapped Tigers - Numbers: 1-13
im sure it will be good, he hasnt failed yet. he's live shows are starting to suck though not what they used to be.
Yeah, it's noble of him to try and take a step forward. He could easily stay in this style and ultimately be forgotten for it. This could actually turn out to be a really good thing.
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Phil Anselmo causes uproar over N..
• New releases from The Pillows
• Users' Best of 2015 feature
• Deftones premiere new song
• R.I.P. Glenn Frey
• Vektor Album Details and Date
• Charlie Simpson reveals new band
• New Icon For Hire Music Video
• Congrats to our new hires!
• Omnium Gatherum release stream
• AFI/No Doubt Supergroup
• New OK Go Music Video
• Skeletonwitch Announce Singer
• Stream Eaux Claires 'DEUX'
• We Are the in Crowd disband
• New Dope Smoker Album
• This Is Nowhere stream music to r..
• New Rabbit Junk compilation
• Fallujah Detail New LP
• New Cobalt Song
» see all news