|Counting Crows Ditch Label|
2009-03-18 by Adam Thomas STAFF | 10 Comments
|The Counting Crows have decided to end their 18 year relationship with Geffen Records |
over differences in web based marketing. Front man Adam Duritz expalined:
But these days, it's a different world for a band than it is for a label. A lot of
people think it's a tough time to be a band but we don't feel that way. The internet
opens a world of limitless possibility, where the only boundaries are the boundaries of
your own imagination. We want a chance to push those boundaries back as far as we can.
Unfortunately, the directions we want to go and the opportunities we want to pursue are
often things that our label is simply not allowed to do.
Tagged: Counting Crows
Good for them
should read "label ditches Counting Crows".
best 90s band
I didn't know this band was still active...still, good move on their part, at least their accepting the music industry's reality
Even a band stuck in the 90's can accept where the industry is going.
Love this band, hope it works out for them
A band stuck in the 90's? Their last album made it to number 3 on the top 200 albums, and was number 1 on digital downloads. And they just got off a tour with The Who.
There just one of those hard-working bands who get by on incredible live shows and connecting with their fan base. Just because they haven't had another "Mr. Jones" doesn't mean there stuck in the 90's. They've still got a huge following.
i wonder if this means that they wont be on the next Shrek soundtrack.
I love this band so much. Adam Duritz is my favorite singer and lyricist for sure
Digging: Aaron West and The Roaring Twenties - We Don't Have Each Other
• Slipknot stream new album
• New Diablo Swing Orchestra single
• Fall Out Boy debut new material
• Issues announce acoustic EP
• Papa Roach reveal new song
• At The Gates post new video
• Cirle of Contempt post new video
• Housefire! release free mixtape
• Nightingale returns!
• Opiate Birth reveals artwork for ..
• New Chief Keef and Tyga song
• Amederia stream new album
• Pain of Salvation stream new track
• James Blake releases new song
• New BBNG album with Ghostface Kil..
• Set It Off release new music video
• New Linkin Park song
• Plateau Sigma stream debut LP
• Circa Survive tease new album
• Bonobo returns with new EP
• A Tribute to Sonata Arctica
• Gates stream new song
• Damien Rice releases new video
• Foo Fighters premiere new single
• Electric Six stream Human Zoo
» see all news