Counting Crows Ditch Label2009-03-18 by Adam Thomas EMERITUS | 10 Comments
|The Counting Crows have decided to end their 18 year relationship with Geffen Records |
over differences in web based marketing. Front man Adam Duritz expalined:
But these days, it's a different world for a band than it is for a label. A lot of
people think it's a tough time to be a band but we don't feel that way. The internet
opens a world of limitless possibility, where the only boundaries are the boundaries of
your own imagination. We want a chance to push those boundaries back as far as we can.
Unfortunately, the directions we want to go and the opportunities we want to pursue are
often things that our label is simply not allowed to do.
Tagged: Counting Crows
Good for them
should read "label ditches Counting Crows".
best 90s band
I didn't know this band was still active...still, good move on their part, at least their accepting the music industry's reality
Even a band stuck in the 90's can accept where the industry is going.
Love this band, hope it works out for them
A band stuck in the 90's? Their last album made it to number 3 on the top 200 albums, and was number 1 on digital downloads. And they just got off a tour with The Who.
There just one of those hard-working bands who get by on incredible live shows and connecting with their fan base. Just because they haven't had another "Mr. Jones" doesn't mean there stuck in the 90's. They've still got a huge following.
i wonder if this means that they wont be on the next Shrek soundtrack.
I love this band so much. Adam Duritz is my favorite singer and lyricist for sure
Digging: Relient K - Air For Free
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Manson announces new album
• Départe Unleash New Track
• Dir en Grey Keep It Weird
• New Jesu/Sun Kil Moon album
• Present Paradox Live Recording
• Ghost Hall releases new video
• Vicious Rumors post new video
• Kashee Opeiah stream demos
• Daniel Lioneye returns with 3rd a..
• ADBOK new album and song
• Oceans Blazed Alaska
• New The Pineapple Thief Single
• Relient K Stream Air for Free
• New Single by Lupe Fiasco
• Oasis reissue Be Here Now
» see all news