Counting Crows Ditch Label2009-03-18 by Adam Thomas EMERITUS | 10 Comments
|The Counting Crows have decided to end their 18 year relationship with Geffen Records |
over differences in web based marketing. Front man Adam Duritz expalined:
But these days, it's a different world for a band than it is for a label. A lot of
people think it's a tough time to be a band but we don't feel that way. The internet
opens a world of limitless possibility, where the only boundaries are the boundaries of
your own imagination. We want a chance to push those boundaries back as far as we can.
Unfortunately, the directions we want to go and the opportunities we want to pursue are
often things that our label is simply not allowed to do.
Tagged: Counting Crows
Good for them
should read "label ditches Counting Crows".
best 90s band
I didn't know this band was still active...still, good move on their part, at least their accepting the music industry's reality
Even a band stuck in the 90's can accept where the industry is going.
Love this band, hope it works out for them
A band stuck in the 90's? Their last album made it to number 3 on the top 200 albums, and was number 1 on digital downloads. And they just got off a tour with The Who.
There just one of those hard-working bands who get by on incredible live shows and connecting with their fan base. Just because they haven't had another "Mr. Jones" doesn't mean there stuck in the 90's. They've still got a huge following.
i wonder if this means that they wont be on the next Shrek soundtrack.
I love this band so much. Adam Duritz is my favorite singer and lyricist for sure
Digging: The Dear Hunter - Act IV: Rebirth in Reprise
• Brand New release new song as a f..
• Tool + Mastodon supergroup
• Justin Lowe leaves After the Buri..
• Slint guitarist survives suicide ..
• Muse unleash new single
• Justin Lowe found dead
• Cynic break up
• Scarlett Johansson forms band
• Nickelback get groovy
• New Muse song
• Flower Face debuts new single
• Golden Void premiere new video
• Hands Like Houses debut new song
• Perturbator debuts music video
• New Megadeth track and album
• Fit for an Autopsy stream new LP
• Deacon the Villain streams new LP
• Coheed and Cambria stream third s..
• Moby releases rock tune
• Kauan debuts new video
• Jr. Clooney release new EP
• Night Birds stream Mutiny
• The Matches reunite with new music
• New Sunn O))) album
• Entwine stream new album
» see all news