|Slayer's album cover confirmed|
2006-06-17 by Kit Brown | 16 Comments
|The "final" cover artwork for SLAYER's new album, "Christ Illusion" complete with the band's logo and album title. Larry Carroll, who did the cover artwork for SLAYER's "Reign in Blood", "South of Heaven", and "Seasons In the Abyss" album, painted this original piece for the "Christ Illusion" cover. Working only from the song titles and early lyrics, Carroll has produced a classic SLAYER masterpiece a portrait of the Christ whose forearms have been chopped off, standing in an ocean of blood surrounded by floating, decapitated heads. |
Carroll created the painting on a 4-by-4-foot slab of wood using a combination of mediums. SLAYER guitarist Kerry King already has placed dibs on ownership of the original wooden canvas.
"Christ Illusion" is SLAYER's first new studio album since 2001, and the first recorded by the band's original line-up King; Tom Araya (bass, vocals); Jeff Hanneman (guitars); Dave Lombardo (drums) since 1990's "Seasons In The Abyss". "Christ Illusion" was produced by Josh Abraham and executive produced by Rick Rubin.
"Christ Illusion" is scheduled for release on August 8, 2006 via American Recordings/Warner Bros. Records.
The album's picture can be found on this website:
Man do something about the paragraphs... And they call you a MOD...
EDIT: nvm, I read the Dragonforce comments...This Message Edited On 06.17.06
There, fixed. I posted it with the paragraphs and it didn't show up that way.
Geez. Some cover art :amaze:
The link doesn't work for me.
Fix it, "Mod."
It worked for a while, but now it doesn't seem to work anymore.
I've found a smaller picture for now because all of the bigger ones aren't working. I hope it suffices.
Nice and brutal I see.
I dont like the coverart at all
hahaha. i wanna see how this goes down in the ol' bible belt...
christians eh? fuck em if they cant take a goddamn joke!!!
I can't say I like it.
I see Slayer tommorow.
EDIT: I mean, today.This Message Edited On 06.19.06
that's a stupid title.
slayer need to get over themselves already
that is a very stupid title
classic slayer artwork hopefully a classic slayer album
Slayer is awesome, but i think they try and take the anti-christ thing to far. Just my opinion.
• Kanye West causes uproar
• She has learned everything...
• Manchester Orchestra Hope
• Foo Fighters tease 'Outsides'
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• The Ghost Inside detail new album
• Unearth release new song
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• Chris Cheney forms supergroup
• New Helmet album in the works
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
• New Chief Keef song
• Mineral robbed on tour
• Josiah Leming releases video for ..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• This Legend (Ex-Yellowcard) finis..
» see all news