Suzanne Vega Gives Tiny Desk Concert2014-03-01 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Folk artist Suzanne Vega recently joined forces with her producer Gerry Leonard, in order to give a so-called "tiny desk concert" for NPR.|
The set list consisted of the songs 'Luka', 'Crack In The Wall', 'I Never Wear White' and 'Tom's Diner'. 'Crack In The Wall' and 'I Never Wear White' are part of Vega's recently released (February 2) album Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles.
You can watch the "tiny desk concert" here:
Tagged: Suzanne Vega
This is beautiful stuff.
Also, the massive airplay of "Tom's Diner" dance version back in the '90s kept her real songs in the dark, to the point where I had personally mistaken Vega for "just another" dance music girl.
Digging: Doomsquad - Total Time
i loved her first album, i thought she was quite popular at some point in the US so i was surprised i had to add her latest album here
oh that song 'Luka' on the vid was huge in the UK, was she not succesfull over there ?
Yes she was, but I think it was the electronic version of the song that became a hit.
Title is misleading
Digging: Renounced - Theories Of Despair
i like her
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Sleep Token release EP
• Comeback song from Acceptance
• Jam Krallice's Adult Swim Tune
• Elbow Name New Album/Song
• Enemies stream final album
• 2017 Grammy Nominees
• New Wolfheart single and album
• New Arcane Roots Single
• Bladee & Thaiboy Digital drop new..
• Second single by Need
• Black Anvil post new song
• Scum (FIN) streams lost album
• Present Paradox teases new materi..
• Sacred Bones NYP Bandcamp Sale
• New As It Is song
» see all news