|Suzanne Vega Gives Tiny Desk Concert|
2014-03-01 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Folk artist Suzanne Vega recently joined forces with her producer Gerry Leonard, in order to give a so-called "tiny desk concert" for NPR.|
The set list consisted of the songs 'Luka', 'Crack In The Wall', 'I Never Wear White' and 'Tom's Diner'. 'Crack In The Wall' and 'I Never Wear White' are part of Vega's recently released (February 2) album Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles.
You can watch the "tiny desk concert" here:
Tagged: Suzanne Vega
This is beautiful stuff.
Also, the massive airplay of "Tom's Diner" dance version back in the '90s kept her real songs in the dark, to the point where I had personally mistaken Vega for "just another" dance music girl.
Digging: The Sabbathian - Ritual Rites
i loved her first album, i thought she was quite popular at some point in the US so i was surprised i had to add her latest album here
Digging: iamthemorning - Belighted
oh that song 'Luka' on the vid was huge in the UK, was she not succesfull over there ?
Yes she was, but I think it was the electronic version of the song that became a hit.
Title is misleading
i like her
Digging: Junius - Days of the Fallen Sun
• Kanye West causes uproar
• Manchester Orchestra Hope
• She has learned everything...
• Foo Fighters tease 'Outsides'
• The Ghost Inside detail new album
• Unearth release new song
• Chris Cheney forms supergroup
• New Helmet album in the works
• Tokio Hotel with new single
• Yellowcard offer third single
• Dungortheb stream new album
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• New Chief Keef song
• Mineral robbed on tour
• Josiah Leming releases video for ..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• This Legend (Ex-Yellowcard) finis..
• Parker Cannon side project
• Musk Ox announce Tab Book
• Kenn Nardi posts title track
• As Blood Runs Black premieres new..
• Yelawolf debuts new song
» see all news