Suzanne Vega Gives Tiny Desk Concert2014-03-01 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Folk artist Suzanne Vega recently joined forces with her producer Gerry Leonard, in order to give a so-called "tiny desk concert" for NPR.|
The set list consisted of the songs 'Luka', 'Crack In The Wall', 'I Never Wear White' and 'Tom's Diner'. 'Crack In The Wall' and 'I Never Wear White' are part of Vega's recently released (February 2) album Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles.
You can watch the "tiny desk concert" here:
Tagged: Suzanne Vega
This is beautiful stuff.
Also, the massive airplay of "Tom's Diner" dance version back in the '90s kept her real songs in the dark, to the point where I had personally mistaken Vega for "just another" dance music girl.
i loved her first album, i thought she was quite popular at some point in the US so i was surprised i had to add her latest album here
Digging: Sparklehorse - Good Morning Spider
oh that song 'Luka' on the vid was huge in the UK, was she not succesfull over there ?
Yes she was, but I think it was the electronic version of the song that became a hit.
Title is misleading
i like her
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Operation: Mindcrime New Song
• New Betraying The Martyrs Vid
• New Silverstein Video
• Evergrey release a new single
• Mika Bleu Dies
• Oathbreaker new album and song
• Helms Alee premiere new song
• DGD to board the Mothership
• clipping. announce new album
• New Glass Animals Track
• Coroner Enter Studio
• Alcest unveil Kodama
• First Joy Opposites (ex-FACT)
• New Father John Misty single
• 40 Watt Sun Album Announced
» see all news