Suzanne Vega Gives Tiny Desk Concert2014-03-01 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Folk artist Suzanne Vega recently joined forces with her producer Gerry Leonard, in order to give a so-called "tiny desk concert" for NPR.|
The set list consisted of the songs 'Luka', 'Crack In The Wall', 'I Never Wear White' and 'Tom's Diner'. 'Crack In The Wall' and 'I Never Wear White' are part of Vega's recently released (February 2) album Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles.
You can watch the "tiny desk concert" here:
Tagged: Suzanne Vega
This is beautiful stuff.
Also, the massive airplay of "Tom's Diner" dance version back in the '90s kept her real songs in the dark, to the point where I had personally mistaken Vega for "just another" dance music girl.
i loved her first album, i thought she was quite popular at some point in the US so i was surprised i had to add her latest album here
oh that song 'Luka' on the vid was huge in the UK, was she not succesfull over there ?
Yes she was, but I think it was the electronic version of the song that became a hit.
Title is misleading
i like her
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• 2nd Manchester Orchestra Song
• Horns gesture trademark update
• Turnover premiere "Super Natural"..
• CityCop share music video
• New Captain We're Sinking album s..
• Mobb Deep's Prodigy found dead
• Foo Fighters announce album
• New Jay-Z Album
• New Echo Tail Single/Album
• Moby debuts new music video
• The Fall announce new album
• New Coldplay EP Track
• New Bowling for Soup Video
• Counterparts drop Bouquet
• Dzö-nga streams 2nd album
» see all news