Suzanne Vega Gives Tiny Desk Concert2014-03-01 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Folk artist Suzanne Vega recently joined forces with her producer Gerry Leonard, in order to give a so-called "tiny desk concert" for NPR.|
The set list consisted of the songs 'Luka', 'Crack In The Wall', 'I Never Wear White' and 'Tom's Diner'. 'Crack In The Wall' and 'I Never Wear White' are part of Vega's recently released (February 2) album Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles.
You can watch the "tiny desk concert" here:
Tagged: Suzanne Vega
This is beautiful stuff.
Also, the massive airplay of "Tom's Diner" dance version back in the '90s kept her real songs in the dark, to the point where I had personally mistaken Vega for "just another" dance music girl.
Digging: Lock Howl - Pareidolia
i loved her first album, i thought she was quite popular at some point in the US so i was surprised i had to add her latest album here
oh that song 'Luka' on the vid was huge in the UK, was she not succesfull over there ?
Yes she was, but I think it was the electronic version of the song that became a hit.
Title is misleading
i like her
• R.I.P. Chester Bennington
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• New 10 Years record/single
• Brand new Brand New record
• Converge Detail Album/New song
• New Protomartyr single, album
• Beneath (IS) stream new LP
• New Lights video and tour
• New Noah Gundersen Song
• Neck Deep Bloom
• Enslaved Release New Song
• Hammock announce new album
• Pole Younger debuts new single
• New Moses Sumney, 'Quarrel'
• New Alice Glass song/video
• Another New Circa Survive Song
• New Such Gold Single
» see all news