Suzanne Vega Gives Tiny Desk Concert2014-03-01 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Folk artist Suzanne Vega recently joined forces with her producer Gerry Leonard, in order to give a so-called "tiny desk concert" for NPR.|
The set list consisted of the songs 'Luka', 'Crack In The Wall', 'I Never Wear White' and 'Tom's Diner'. 'Crack In The Wall' and 'I Never Wear White' are part of Vega's recently released (February 2) album Tales From The Realm Of The Queen Of Pentacles.
You can watch the "tiny desk concert" here:
Tagged: Suzanne Vega
This is beautiful stuff.
Also, the massive airplay of "Tom's Diner" dance version back in the '90s kept her real songs in the dark, to the point where I had personally mistaken Vega for "just another" dance music girl.
Digging: Inhumatus - Terran Genocide
i loved her first album, i thought she was quite popular at some point in the US so i was surprised i had to add her latest album here
Digging: Diagonal - The Second Mechanism
oh that song 'Luka' on the vid was huge in the UK, was she not succesfull over there ?
Yes she was, but I think it was the electronic version of the song that became a hit.
Title is misleading
i like her
Digging: Talons - Hollow Realm
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Epic leaves Crazy Town
• New All Time Low Song
• Volumes promote new single, album
• New Demon Hunter video
• Incubus Share New Track
• Emmure premiere new single, video
• No Lives Matter to Body Count
• 2017 Applications Open
• New Once Human video
• Benighted Stream New Album
• Echo Tail is Building a Myth
• Sorority Noise drop 2nd single
• Papa Roach release new song
• He Is Legend Hits the Sand
• Traveler Announce Full Length
» see all news