|Help Anubis Print New Album|
2013-11-30 by Finbar | 6 Comments
|Australia's up-and-coming progressive rock band Anubis have announced the release of their |
third album, entitled Hitchhiking to Byzantium and expected early 2014.
They have also launched a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo in order to print vinyl copies of the album. (Link: http://igg.me/at/anubis/x/4091799)
On their page they write: We know that vinyl LPs and Prog Rock are kind of the perfect
marriage - and with Hitchhiking to Byzantium being recorded and mixed in high resolution
digital audio, a CD can't do it complete justice (although it'll still sound pretty damn
good). The idea of a 2LP set with the full 12" gatefold sleeve to display Tim Neill and Matt
Buttsworth's gorgeous cover art is too tempting to pass up.
So this is where our fans come in. It's slowly becoming the norm in progressive rock (thank
you, Marillion…) to work with your fan base to realise projects like this. The target is
$6500 USD, which covers the cost of the vinyl pressing. The idea is only to ask for what we
need to make it happen. We're not in this for the profit, just enough to cover the cost. And
most importantly, we'd love to work with you in order to make this happen, especially since
it was something you guys came up with.
As well as pre-ordering the album in vinyl, there is also an option for $25 for CD gatefold
copies of their two previous albums, "230503" and "A Tower of Silence" fully signed by the
This band are ridiculously good, can't wait for the new album!
I'll probably be getting those CDs
It hasn't moved off $996 for about a week it doesn't look good guys
Awww shiieet, I don't mind if they don't print the vinyls but it'll be annoying if I can't get those CDs, it's a good deal
I know right? I think those two albums fully signed actually works out cheaper than just buying one with shipping. Damn UK shipping expenses.
Yeah, but at least the exchange rate with Aussie dollars is great ; )
Still less than $1000 though, they're not going to reach their total... how can vinyl printing cost that much anyway!?
i think they might have overestimated the 'demand' for their vinyls, just a -tiny- bit
• Kanye West causes uproar
• She has learned everything...
• Manchester Orchestra Hope
• Foo Fighters tease 'Outsides'
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• The Ghost Inside detail new album
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• Unearth release new song
• Chris Cheney forms supergroup
• New Decapitated track
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
• New Chief Keef song
• Mineral robbed on tour
• Josiah Leming releases video for ..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• This Legend (Ex-Yellowcard) finis..
• Parker Cannon side project
» see all news