The Gerogerigegege Reunite2013-11-16 by discovolante | 12 Comments
|Legendary Japanese noise/avant-garde act, The Gerogerigegege, just recently announced that they will be resuming activities after over a decade of mysterious silence. One of the group's members, under the alias of Kaitai Gidayuu, announced that despite various rumors about frontman Juntaro Yamanouchi's whereabouts (which ranged from entering a mental asylum to dying), Gidayuu claims that Yamanouchi simply retired from making music. Gidayuu now claims that the noise icon is ready to return, and that, with his help, Yamanouchi's Gerogerigegege project will return to making music and enduring in over-the-top live concerts soon. The link to Gidayuu's surprising tweet (in Japanese) is linked below.|
And to the curious, here is a video of the noise legends live. But be warned, it's not for the weak of heart. And you'll also probably never see vacuums the same way ever again.
Tagged: The Gerogerigegege
His latest tweet is about him having a "severe diarrhea", things seem to be going to the right direction.
^he's probably going to shit the remnants into a bucket and save it for a show later on
let the middle age public wanking commence
The what now?
@ResidentNihilist: Oh, dear.....
Digging: Mort Garson - Plantasia
this is awesome
Digging: Bill Withers - Just As I Am
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Planes Mistaken for Stars
• Every Time I Die Love C++
• Eluvium's new album streaming
• New Of Mice and Men Video
• New In Flames single, album
• New Meshuggah song
• Moby announces festival/new song
• Sum 41 declare War
• The Wounded Kings stream final LP
• CWOTD announce new record
• Car Bomb album details
• New Placebo song
• King Green releases EP
• Suma announce new studio album
• New Power Quest Track and E.P
» see all news