The Gerogerigegege Reunite2013-11-16 by discovolante | 12 Comments
|Legendary Japanese noise/avant-garde act, The Gerogerigegege, just recently announced that they will be resuming activities after over a decade of mysterious silence. One of the group's members, under the alias of Kaitai Gidayuu, announced that despite various rumors about frontman Juntaro Yamanouchi's whereabouts (which ranged from entering a mental asylum to dying), Gidayuu claims that Yamanouchi simply retired from making music. Gidayuu now claims that the noise icon is ready to return, and that, with his help, Yamanouchi's Gerogerigegege project will return to making music and enduring in over-the-top live concerts soon. The link to Gidayuu's surprising tweet (in Japanese) is linked below.|
And to the curious, here is a video of the noise legends live. But be warned, it's not for the weak of heart. And you'll also probably never see vacuums the same way ever again.
Tagged: The Gerogerigegege
His latest tweet is about him having a "severe diarrhea", things seem to be going to the right direction.
^he's probably going to shit the remnants into a bucket and save it for a show later on
let the middle age public wanking commence
The what now?
@ResidentNihilist: Oh, dear.....
this is awesome
Digging: Dorothy Ashby - Hip Harp
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Jamiroquai Tease New Music
• Stolas S/T Album Details
• Arcade Fire share new single
• Gorillaz premiere new track
• Warbringer Release New Single
• Sorority Noise drop ____ track
• The Great Old Ones stream new alb..
• R.I.P. William Onyeabor
• New Obituary Single/Video
• Pregnant Whale Pain EP Stream
• We Are The Ocean break up
• New Northlane Single
• Urban Vitamin - Ekphrasis
• Red Giant Release New Track
• New Young Thug Music Video
» see all news