The Gerogerigegege Reunite2013-11-16 by discovolante | 12 Comments
|Legendary Japanese noise/avant-garde act, The Gerogerigegege, just recently announced that they will be resuming activities after over a decade of mysterious silence. One of the group's members, under the alias of Kaitai Gidayuu, announced that despite various rumors about frontman Juntaro Yamanouchi's whereabouts (which ranged from entering a mental asylum to dying), Gidayuu claims that Yamanouchi simply retired from making music. Gidayuu now claims that the noise icon is ready to return, and that, with his help, Yamanouchi's Gerogerigegege project will return to making music and enduring in over-the-top live concerts soon. The link to Gidayuu's surprising tweet (in Japanese) is linked below.|
And to the curious, here is a video of the noise legends live. But be warned, it's not for the weak of heart. And you'll also probably never see vacuums the same way ever again.
Tagged: The Gerogerigegege
His latest tweet is about him having a "severe diarrhea", things seem to be going to the right direction.
^he's probably going to shit the remnants into a bucket and save it for a show later on
let the middle age public wanking commence
The what now?
@ResidentNihilist: Oh, dear.....
this is awesome
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Turnover premiere "Super Natural"..
• CityCop share music video
• New Captain We're Sinking album s..
• Mobb Deep's Prodigy found dead
• Foo Fighters announce album
• New Jay-Z Album
• New Echo Tail Single/Album
• Moby debuts new music video
• The Fall announce new album
• New Coldplay EP Track
• New Bowling for Soup Video
• Counterparts drop Bouquet
• Dzö-nga streams 2nd album
• New Killers Single
• New Hands Like Houses track
» see all news