The Gerogerigegege Reunite2013-11-16 by discovolante | 12 Comments
|Legendary Japanese noise/avant-garde act, The Gerogerigegege, just recently announced that they will be resuming activities after over a decade of mysterious silence. One of the group's members, under the alias of Kaitai Gidayuu, announced that despite various rumors about frontman Juntaro Yamanouchi's whereabouts (which ranged from entering a mental asylum to dying), Gidayuu claims that Yamanouchi simply retired from making music. Gidayuu now claims that the noise icon is ready to return, and that, with his help, Yamanouchi's Gerogerigegege project will return to making music and enduring in over-the-top live concerts soon. The link to Gidayuu's surprising tweet (in Japanese) is linked below.|
And to the curious, here is a video of the noise legends live. But be warned, it's not for the weak of heart. And you'll also probably never see vacuums the same way ever again.
Tagged: The Gerogerigegege
His latest tweet is about him having a "severe diarrhea", things seem to be going to the right direction.
^he's probably going to shit the remnants into a bucket and save it for a show later on
let the middle age public wanking commence
The what now?
@ResidentNihilist: Oh, dear.....
this is awesome
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Tigers Jaw announce album, US tour
• Negru Passes Away
• New Cigarettes After Sex Album
• The Word Alive Feel Miserable
• New Falling in Reverse single
• Acrimonious unleash eleven dragons
• New Perfume Genius album
• New Lonely The Brave EP
• New Samsara Blues Experiment album
• New Northlane single 'Citizen'
• New Oxbow Video
• R.I.P. Chuck Berry
• The Wonder Years Side Project
• New Kasabian album/single
• Fates Warning Guardian DVD
» see all news