|Tao's Major Label Debut Stream|
2013-06-03 by Alex Robertson STAFF | 8 Comments
|Conrad Tao, piano wonderkid and Sputnikmusic Staff Emeritus, has an all-new collection of |
pieces out on EMI--it's called "Voyages," and it's streaming on NPR right now. Including
performances of Ravel's notoriously difficult "Gaspard De La Nuit" and the first-ever
recording of Meredith Monk's "Railroad (Travel Song)," the album is Tao's major label debut,
and its release coincides with both his 19th birthday and the commencement of his own three-
day music festival, the UNPLAY Festival, in Brooklyn.
Also included on the album are the four-part "vestiges" and "Iridescence," both composed by
Conrad, the latter performed on piano and iPad. Kids these days. The album is out June 11th.
Listen here: http://www.npr.org/2013/06/02/187291751/first-listen-conrad-tao-voyages
Tagged: Conrad Tao
Kids these days .
(Congrats Conrad!! This sounds amaze-balls!)
Neat! I knew he was talented but I had no clue off all the accolades he's gotten over the years.
i like how sputnik spaced this news post
w o w.
sweet write up and congrats conrad mezzfam
what a beast
looking forward to hearing your gaspard, conrad
• Poison The Well reunite
• Blink-182 performing without Tom ..
• Papa Roach stream F.E.A.R
• Title Fight streams Hyperview
• Asking Alexandria singer quits
• New Death Cab for Cutie single
• John Frusciante goes acid house
• Napalm Death drop new video
• Demis Roussos dies at 68
• New Slayer album in 2015
• Howling Giant stream debut EP
• Cedar Boulevard's New Single
• AWOLNATION Release New Song
• The Offspring release new song
• Jeff Bridges releases new album
• Behind these snide eyes
• Minus the Bear Drummer Leaves
• Dustin Kensrue reveals new album
• Adrenaline Mob drop new single
• Passion Pit album teaser
• Chelsea Wolfe announces new album
• New(ish) Jeff Rosenstock video
• Voivod post new song
• Minsk end hiatus
• Halasan Bazar / Tara King Th. str..
» see all news