Tao's Major Label Debut Stream2013-06-03 by Alex Robertson EMERITUS | 8 Comments
|Conrad Tao, piano wonderkid and Sputnikmusic Staff Emeritus, has an all-new collection of |
pieces out on EMI--it's called "Voyages," and it's streaming on NPR right now. Including
performances of Ravel's notoriously difficult "Gaspard De La Nuit" and the first-ever
recording of Meredith Monk's "Railroad (Travel Song)," the album is Tao's major label debut,
and its release coincides with both his 19th birthday and the commencement of his own three-
day music festival, the UNPLAY Festival, in Brooklyn.
Also included on the album are the four-part "vestiges" and "Iridescence," both composed by
Conrad, the latter performed on piano and iPad. Kids these days. The album is out June 11th.
Listen here: http://www.npr.org/2013/06/02/187291751/first-listen-conrad-tao-voyages
Tagged: Conrad Tao
Kids these days .
(Congrats Conrad!! This sounds amaze-balls!)
Neat! I knew he was talented but I had no clue off all the accolades he's gotten over the years.
i like how sputnik spaced this news post
w o w.
sweet write up and congrats conrad mezzfam
what a beast
looking forward to hearing your gaspard, conrad
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Candiria return with Mereya
• Prophets of Rage drop EP
• New Planes Mistaken for Stars
• Every Time I Die Love C++
• Eluvium's new album streaming
• New Of Mice and Men Video
• New In Flames single, album
• New Meshuggah song
• Moby announces festival/new song
• Sum 41 declare War
• The Wounded Kings stream final LP
• CWOTD announce new record
• Car Bomb album details
• New Placebo song
• King Green releases EP
» see all news