|New Dagoba songs|
2013-05-14 by Magnus Altkula STAFF | 9 Comments
|French metallers Dagoba have unveiled a new song called "The Great Wonder". The track will be featured on their upcoming, fifth full-length album, titled Post Mortem Nihil Est, which will be released on May 27 in Europe (via Verycords) and on June 14 in North America (via earMUSIC). |
The album is produced by ex-Machine Head and Soulfly guitarist Logan Mader and is the first not to feature original guitarist Izakar, who departed in June 2012, stating that "irreconcilable differences with one of the bandmembers" were behind his decision to split. He did go on to say that he wishes only the best for the band, though. Izakar will continue playing in the symphonic/industrial black metal band Blazing War Machine along with Dagoba drummer Franky Costanza.
Two weeks ago Dagoba released a lyric video for "I Reptile", which will also be featured on the new album.
"The Great Wonder": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs5EAnrkQ5Q
"I, Reptile": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpE8EdXLxbo
Artwork for Post Mortem Nihil Est: http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/dagobapostmortem.jpg
Well, they're Dagoba songs alright. Not bad, definitely digging them, but I hope the rest of the album is more impressive/shows greater progression on their part.
What Metalstyles said.
What Greybeard said.
I Reptile. absolutelly slays!
Digging: Secrets of the Moon - Seven Bells
Fuck yeah, I remember "What Hell is About" being amazing. Looking forward to this
What Hell is About m/
Songs are good
New guitarist is settling in well then.
Not bad at all
lyrics are lol but they are French so they get a pass
Yeah I never pay any attention to the lyrics when I listen to these guys. They were actually pretty ok/listenable on Face The Colossus and on a few songs on What Hell Is About, but in general, lyricism is not what sets these guys apart haha.
You're so wet, my crown is rusting
But you cannot make black turn to pink
Do you really think that a lion needs a cage?
I'm a fuckin' pirate, not your slave
Still bootyshaking while i'm leaving
You served me everything you could
Your stupid laughes, loss of time
I took the part i wanted: the doggystyle!
First track off Poseidon, yo.
• Thom Yorke shares image of new re..
• At the Gates stream new song
• Issues release live music video
• Dance Gavin Dance stream new song
• Logic drops debut single
• New Stick To Your Guns record
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• Varathron post new song
• Burn The Sun stream debut EP
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• Stream Flying Colors's New LP
• New Nothing More video
• Andy Stott announces new LP
• New Charli XCX Album Delayed
• Yellowcard release new song
• Emarosa release music video
• Arca drops new single
• Mysticum welcomes you to Planet S..
• Stream Hammock's Sleepover 2
• Zodiac stream Sonic Child
• I The Mighty vocalist goes solo
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• Another Exotype single
» see all news