|Owen/Into It. Over It./Loose Lips Sink Ships collab|
2013-03-22 by William Lim | 16 Comments
|Surfacing cryptically on Facebook late last year, the group Their / They're / There shocked the indie community when the lineup, nothing short of "a god damn dream team" as one fan described, was announced to be Mike Kinsella (Owen, American Football, Cap'n Jazz), Evan Weiss (Into It. Over It., The Progress) and Matthew Frank (Loose Lips Sink Ships). After three months of anticipation, the project will finally see the light of day with a self-titled, six-song EP out on Polyvinyl Records on April 20, as well as two shows in Chicago and one in Lawrence, Kansas.|
Additionally, the band put forward their very first released song, "Concession Speech Writer", for streaming on the Rolling Stone website. Evan Weiss, identified in the article as the bass player, said of the song:
"This is the first song we ever wrote as a group. Oddly enough, it seems to be the most indicative of our styles and attitude as a band."
The song displays all of the members' roots in technical, math riff-oriented indie rock with Weiss providing lead vocals. Logically, the band will likely see Frank's remarkable talent for the guitar (as seen in Loose Lips Sink Ships) put to use, leaving Kinsella on the drums for the first time (as a full time member) since the first and only Owls record.
Tagged: Their / They're / There
why is no one taking interest in this
Digging: Bobby Barnett - Little Wounds
I can't listen to the song for some reason. Assuming it rules.
Digging: Midnight - No Mercy for Mayhem
it does rule
Better than Owls.
fuck that was really good
oh my fuck
Mike should sing though
Digging: Stolas - Allomaternal
Wow this rules
Yeah the song rules
This is probably the best group of musicians that could possibly work together right now.
Digging: Ef - Ceremonies
Man, this really kindles the deep love I use to have with indie. Fantastic. I love the instrumentation, and the vocals are nice.
Digging: Pianos Become the Teeth - Keep You
I really really thought this was going to be more than just another twinkly midwestern emo type band, but I'm sad to say I was wrong. This just sounds like an Into It.Over It song, and that's disappointing. Let's get Mike singing on a few tracks
• Faith No More, motherfucker
• Upon A Burning Body & Ice-T colla..
• Periphery detail Juggernaut
• Periphery debut new track
• Jeff Loomis joins Arch Enemy
• Northlane reveal new vocalist, de..
• Blind Guardian tease new album
• DIR EN GREY release new song
• Full Of Hell/Merzbow stream new s..
• Band Aid return with single
• At the Gates release new video
• Thy Darkened Shade stream new alb..
• Flying Lotus and DOOM collaborate..
• Slow Season stream new LP
• Putrid Evocation stream debut alb..
• There For Tomorrow disband
• Black Sheep Wall debut new song
• Pianos Become the Teeth release t..
• Bloodbath stream new album
• New Crimson Moonlight song
• Crunkasuarus Rex debut video
• Jimmy Ruffin dies at 78
• Palm Desert stream new album
• Ride reunite
• Lola Colt stream debut LP
» see all news