|Owen/Into It. Over It./Loose Lips Sink Ships collab|
2013-03-22 by William Lim | 16 Comments
|Surfacing cryptically on Facebook late last year, the group Their / They're / There shocked the indie community when the lineup, nothing short of "a god damn dream team" as one fan described, was announced to be Mike Kinsella (Owen, American Football, Cap'n Jazz), Evan Weiss (Into It. Over It., The Progress) and Matthew Frank (Loose Lips Sink Ships). After three months of anticipation, the project will finally see the light of day with a self-titled, six-song EP out on Polyvinyl Records on April 20, as well as two shows in Chicago and one in Lawrence, Kansas.|
Additionally, the band put forward their very first released song, "Concession Speech Writer", for streaming on the Rolling Stone website. Evan Weiss, identified in the article as the bass player, said of the song:
"This is the first song we ever wrote as a group. Oddly enough, it seems to be the most indicative of our styles and attitude as a band."
The song displays all of the members' roots in technical, math riff-oriented indie rock with Weiss providing lead vocals. Logically, the band will likely see Frank's remarkable talent for the guitar (as seen in Loose Lips Sink Ships) put to use, leaving Kinsella on the drums for the first time (as a full time member) since the first and only Owls record.
Tagged: Their / They're / There
why is no one taking interest in this
Digging: Viper the Rapper - You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
I can't listen to the song for some reason. Assuming it rules.
it does rule
Better than Owls.
fuck that was really good
oh my fuck
Mike should sing though
Digging: Milo - A Toothpaste Suburb
Wow this rules
Yeah the song rules
This is probably the best group of musicians that could possibly work together right now.
Digging: Zelienople - The World Is A House On Fire
Man, this really kindles the deep love I use to have with indie. Fantastic. I love the instrumentation, and the vocals are nice.
Digging: Empires - Orphan
I really really thought this was going to be more than just another twinkly midwestern emo type band, but I'm sad to say I was wrong. This just sounds like an Into It.Over It song, and that's disappointing. Let's get Mike singing on a few tracks
• Mastodon release video for The Mo..
• New Black Sabbath album
• Three Days Grace drop new song
• Weezer stream their new album
• Puig Destroyer stream debut LP
• Yellowcard stream new album
• Pianos Become the Teeth release s..
• Breaking Benjamin announce acoust..
• Machine Head release new track
• Godflesh stream new album
• Siena Root drop new video
• Flying Lotus Releases New Video
• Another new Kayo Dot track
• Iceage stream new album
• A Diadem of Dead Stars stream deb..
• DJ Purple Image announces another..
• Jakob release new video
• Story Of The Year update, new alb..
• From Indian Lakes stream their ne..
• Owen does other people's songs
• Davenport Cabinet stream new LP
• ANCST stream new album
• New Silent Planet Song/Album
• PAN stream new Objekt track
• Leviathan/Krieg split stream
» see all news