|Pogo Seeking Reentry Into USA|
2013-03-17 by andcas | 5 Comments
|Perth, Western Australia electronic music producer, Pogo (Nick Bertke), was banned from the |
States back in 2011 for ten years due to an oversight in his visa waiver. The 24-year-old,
famous for intricate film mash-ups over beats, was detained while on tour and held in custody
for three frustrating weeks before being deported.
The reason given to him was that he was illegally profiting from work because his paper didn’t
cover the ability to do so during the time he was playing the shows. Despite Pogo’s previous
employment with Pixar and Microsoft, along with countless gigs without issue under the same
program, he is still barred from any type of return.
The artist has carefully set up an online campaign that will hopefully gain back access to the
States where he has many close friends, fans, and business opportunities. The video in the link
below creatively tells the full story about what happened and how those who wish to help can
do so by trying to put this whole ordeal behind him.
I signed. What a messed situation.
Digging: Periphery - Juggernaut: Omega
His fault. Most countries require a working visa if you are going to be making money which he obviously was.
I saw a guy put a pogo in his mouth and a second later pulled the stick clean out
His own fault
• Poison The Well reunite
• Blink-182 performing without Tom ..
• Papa Roach stream F.E.A.R
• Title Fight streams Hyperview
• Asking Alexandria singer quits
• New Death Cab for Cutie single
• John Frusciante goes acid house
• Napalm Death drop new video
• Demis Roussos dies at 68
• 10 Years release new single
• Jeff Bridges releases new album
• Behind these snide eyes
• Minus the Bear Drummer Leaves
• Dustin Kensrue reveals new album
• Adrenaline Mob drop new single
• Passion Pit album teaser
• Chelsea Wolfe announces new album
• New(ish) Jeff Rosenstock video
• Voivod post new song
• Minsk end hiatus
• New Slayer album in 2015
• Halasan Bazar / Tara King Th. str..
• Kai Hahto leaves Wintersun
• Anthrax teases new album
• Drenge drops new song
» see all news