Pogo Seeking Reentry Into USA2013-03-17 by andcas | 5 Comments
|Perth, Western Australia electronic music producer, Pogo (Nick Bertke), was banned from the |
States back in 2011 for ten years due to an oversight in his visa waiver. The 24-year-old,
famous for intricate film mash-ups over beats, was detained while on tour and held in custody
for three frustrating weeks before being deported.
The reason given to him was that he was illegally profiting from work because his paper didn’t
cover the ability to do so during the time he was playing the shows. Despite Pogo’s previous
employment with Pixar and Microsoft, along with countless gigs without issue under the same
program, he is still barred from any type of return.
The artist has carefully set up an online campaign that will hopefully gain back access to the
States where he has many close friends, fans, and business opportunities. The video in the link
below creatively tells the full story about what happened and how those who wish to help can
do so by trying to put this whole ordeal behind him.
I signed. What a messed situation.
Digging: Every Time I Die - Low Teens
His fault. Most countries require a working visa if you are going to be making money which he obviously was.
I saw a guy put a pogo in his mouth and a second later pulled the stick clean out
Digging: Edan - Beauty and the Beat
His own fault
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Busted song/video
• GosT streams new album
• New Parkway Drive Video
• We Came As Romans debut new single
• Kate Bush announces live album
• Wovenwar lose guitarist
• BABYMETAL animated series in the ..
• New Strung Out Track
• New Pulley album in the works
• Kayo Dot US Fall Tour Dates
• Sights and Sounds new single
• Another New Korn Single
• Sum 41 hate pop
• Fabio Linoe leaves Rhapsody of Fi..
• Limp Bizkit to stop rollin', roll..
» see all news