Pogo Seeking Reentry Into USA2013-03-17 by andcas | 5 Comments
|Perth, Western Australia electronic music producer, Pogo (Nick Bertke), was banned from the |
States back in 2011 for ten years due to an oversight in his visa waiver. The 24-year-old,
famous for intricate film mash-ups over beats, was detained while on tour and held in custody
for three frustrating weeks before being deported.
The reason given to him was that he was illegally profiting from work because his paper didn’t
cover the ability to do so during the time he was playing the shows. Despite Pogo’s previous
employment with Pixar and Microsoft, along with countless gigs without issue under the same
program, he is still barred from any type of return.
The artist has carefully set up an online campaign that will hopefully gain back access to the
States where he has many close friends, fans, and business opportunities. The video in the link
below creatively tells the full story about what happened and how those who wish to help can
do so by trying to put this whole ordeal behind him.
I signed. What a messed situation.
Digging: MSTRKRFT - Operator
His fault. Most countries require a working visa if you are going to be making money which he obviously was.
I saw a guy put a pogo in his mouth and a second later pulled the stick clean out
His own fault
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Iron Maiden streams Wacken set
• Seahorse Divorce disband
• New Mouth of the Architect in Oct..
• New Epica video
• New Massive Attack Music
• Brant Bjork releases new song
• Death Spells release new album
• The Offspring Tease Sharknado
• Pokemon Go Breakdown(s)
• Operation: Mindcrime New Song
• The Bouncing Souls stream LP
• New Betraying The Martyrs Vid
• New Silverstein Video
• Evergrey release a new single
• Mika Bleu Dies
» see all news