Pogo Seeking Reentry Into USA2013-03-17 by andcas | 5 Comments
|Perth, Western Australia electronic music producer, Pogo (Nick Bertke), was banned from the |
States back in 2011 for ten years due to an oversight in his visa waiver. The 24-year-old,
famous for intricate film mash-ups over beats, was detained while on tour and held in custody
for three frustrating weeks before being deported.
The reason given to him was that he was illegally profiting from work because his paper didn’t
cover the ability to do so during the time he was playing the shows. Despite Pogo’s previous
employment with Pixar and Microsoft, along with countless gigs without issue under the same
program, he is still barred from any type of return.
The artist has carefully set up an online campaign that will hopefully gain back access to the
States where he has many close friends, fans, and business opportunities. The video in the link
below creatively tells the full story about what happened and how those who wish to help can
do so by trying to put this whole ordeal behind him.
I signed. What a messed situation.
Digging: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere
His fault. Most countries require a working visa if you are going to be making money which he obviously was.
I saw a guy put a pogo in his mouth and a second later pulled the stick clean out
His own fault
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Rush drummer retires
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Brand new Brand New Single
• New Asking Alexandria Video
• New I See Stars Song / Video
• Surfer Blood founder dies at 27
• New Clarence Clarity Track
• New Death Grips Track
• New Track from Eritherium
• Nonpoint stream new single
• Sacramental Blood stream debut LP
• Swans Debut Single
• Gone Is Gone reveal new singles
• Yossi Sassi streams new album
• Gucci Mane walks free, releases m..
• Night Verses to Vanish
• New Clams Casino & Lil B song
• 2nd new Red Hot Chili Peppers song
» see all news