Mayfair reunite2013-02-06 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Austrian progressive metallers Mayfair have returned to form and signed a record deal with Pure Prog Records, a division of Pure Steel Records. Their last outing was 1998's Fastest Trip to Cyber-Town.|
Initially, the band will re-release a re-mastered version of the debut album Behind..., further complemented with bonus tracks.
According to the band:
We have observed the work of Pure Steel group for quite a long time and they do a really great job. So it was our first choice for the re-release of our debut album.
This band has issued some quirky prog metal back in the '90s.
Good thing they have returned.
Digging: Varsovie - L'Heure et la Trajectoire
Wouldn't it be better to title it "Mayfair reform"? "Return to form" implies something else
Digging: Danny Brown - Atrocity Exhibition
Yeah it is said mostly about bands going back to their default style after a period of experimentation.
I think it's good just the way it is.
Edit: Okay, I edited the title, hope it's fine.
If you say so
Loved all their 3 albums, but they were very, very, very much underground, hopefully they won't do some modern day shit now and stick to what they have done in the past.
This band has sooo many Sputnik ratings.
Digging: Ondatropica - Ondatropica
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Steel Panther video, album
• Kimbra debuts new track
• Another new Crowbar track
• New Animals as Leaders single
• New Busted song/video
• GosT streams new album
• New Parkway Drive Video
• We Came As Romans debut new single
• Kate Bush announces live album
• Wovenwar lose guitarist
• BABYMETAL animated series in the ..
• New Strung Out Track
• New Pulley album in the works
• Kayo Dot US Fall Tour Dates
• Sights and Sounds new single
» see all news