2013-02-06 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Austrian progressive metallers Mayfair have returned to form and signed a record deal with Pure Prog Records, a division of Pure Steel Records. Their last outing was 1998's Fastest Trip to Cyber-Town.|
Initially, the band will re-release a re-mastered version of the debut album Behind..., further complemented with bonus tracks.
According to the band:
We have observed the work of Pure Steel group for quite a long time and they do a really great job. So it was our first choice for the re-release of our debut album.
This band has issued some quirky prog metal back in the '90s.
Good thing they have returned.
Digging: Seduced (AT) - The Proclamation
Wouldn't it be better to title it "Mayfair reform"? "Return to form" implies something else
Digging: Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Pinata
Yeah it is said mostly about bands going back to their default style after a period of experimentation.
I think it's good just the way it is.
Edit: Okay, I edited the title, hope it's fine.
If you say so
Loved all their 3 albums, but they were very, very, very much underground, hopefully they won't do some modern day shit now and stick to what they have done in the past.
This band has sooo many Sputnik ratings.
• Bring Me the Horizon release new ..
• Job for a Cowboy debut new single
• ERRA drop new single
• Lagwagon stream their new album
• Slipknot stream new album
• Carcass debut new song
• New Smashing Pumpkins single
• Enter Shikari post new track
• Members of The Faceless Leave
• Pianos Become the Teeth stream al..
• New Susanne Sundfør song/album
• Silent Planet release new video
• Bloodshot Dawn post new song
• Foo Fighters drop new track
• El-P & Killer Mike leak RtJ2
• New Have Heart/Basement collab
• Scott Walker + Sunn O))) video
• Anaal Nathrakh stream new album
• While Heaven Wept stream new album
• Aeon Sable stream new LP
• Mallory Knox stream new album
• Taake detail new album
• New Thomas Giles track
• Psycroptic debut box set
• Brant Bjork drops new material
» see all news