Mayfair reunite2013-02-06 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Austrian progressive metallers Mayfair have returned to form and signed a record deal with Pure Prog Records, a division of Pure Steel Records. Their last outing was 1998's Fastest Trip to Cyber-Town.|
Initially, the band will re-release a re-mastered version of the debut album Behind..., further complemented with bonus tracks.
According to the band:
We have observed the work of Pure Steel group for quite a long time and they do a really great job. So it was our first choice for the re-release of our debut album.
This band has issued some quirky prog metal back in the '90s.
Good thing they have returned.
Digging: Thenighttimeproject - Thenighttimeproject
Wouldn't it be better to title it "Mayfair reform"? "Return to form" implies something else
Digging: Avelino - F.Y.O
Yeah it is said mostly about bands going back to their default style after a period of experimentation.
I think it's good just the way it is.
Edit: Okay, I edited the title, hope it's fine.
If you say so
Loved all their 3 albums, but they were very, very, very much underground, hopefully they won't do some modern day shit now and stick to what they have done in the past.
This band has sooo many Sputnik ratings.
• Michael Gira Accused of Rape
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• Rush drummer retires
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Brand new Brand New Single
• Deftones stream new single
• Riverside guitarist dies
• Aerosmith announce last tour
• New Pretty Addicted single
• Gemini Syndrome new album
• RIP Bernie Worrell
• New Periphery Song
• Yellowcard call it quits
• New Forevermore Song/Video
• Soilwork stream new track
• Tyondai Braxton Charity EP
• Chevelle stream Young Wicked
• Evergrey reveal album details
• Another blink-182 single
• New Fall Out Boy Song
• Bring Me the Horizon share new vi..
• New Eritherium track
» see all news