2013-02-06 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Austrian progressive metallers Mayfair have returned to form and signed a record deal with Pure Prog Records, a division of Pure Steel Records. Their last outing was 1998's Fastest Trip to Cyber-Town.|
Initially, the band will re-release a re-mastered version of the debut album Behind..., further complemented with bonus tracks.
According to the band:
We have observed the work of Pure Steel group for quite a long time and they do a really great job. So it was our first choice for the re-release of our debut album.
This band has issued some quirky prog metal back in the '90s.
Good thing they have returned.
Digging: Trial (SWE) - Vessel
Wouldn't it be better to title it "Mayfair reform"? "Return to form" implies something else
Yeah it is said mostly about bands going back to their default style after a period of experimentation.
I think it's good just the way it is.
Edit: Okay, I edited the title, hope it's fine.
If you say so
Loved all their 3 albums, but they were very, very, very much underground, hopefully they won't do some modern day shit now and stick to what they have done in the past.
This band has sooo many Sputnik ratings.
• Poison The Well reunite
• Blink-182 performing without Tom ..
• Papa Roach stream F.E.A.R
• Title Fight streams Hyperview
• Asking Alexandria singer quits
• New Death Cab for Cutie single
• John Frusciante goes acid house
• Minus the Bear Drummer Leaves
• New Slayer album in 2015
• The Offspring release new song
• Gorillaz reunite
• New Ethereal Shroud Track
• Rabbit Junk Release New EP
• Howling Giant stream debut EP
• Cedar Boulevard's New Single
• AWOLNATION Release New Song
• Jeff Bridges releases new album
• Behind these snide eyes
• Dustin Kensrue reveals new album
• Adrenaline Mob drop new single
• Passion Pit album teaser
• Chelsea Wolfe announces new album
• New(ish) Jeff Rosenstock video
• Voivod post new song
• Minsk end hiatus
» see all news