Mayfair reunite2013-02-06 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Austrian progressive metallers Mayfair have returned to form and signed a record deal with Pure Prog Records, a division of Pure Steel Records. Their last outing was 1998's Fastest Trip to Cyber-Town.|
Initially, the band will re-release a re-mastered version of the debut album Behind..., further complemented with bonus tracks.
According to the band:
We have observed the work of Pure Steel group for quite a long time and they do a really great job. So it was our first choice for the re-release of our debut album.
This band has issued some quirky prog metal back in the '90s.
Good thing they have returned.
Wouldn't it be better to title it "Mayfair reform"? "Return to form" implies something else
Digging: Nickelus F and Shawn Kemp - Trick Dice
Yeah it is said mostly about bands going back to their default style after a period of experimentation.
I think it's good just the way it is.
Edit: Okay, I edited the title, hope it's fine.
If you say so
Loved all their 3 albums, but they were very, very, very much underground, hopefully they won't do some modern day shit now and stick to what they have done in the past.
This band has sooo many Sputnik ratings.
• R.I.P. David Bowie
• The Story So Far's vocalist dropk..
• R.I.P. Lemmy
• Brand new Brand New Single
• The Fall of Troy bassist melts do..
• Scott Weiland dead at 48
• Killswitch Engage debut new single
• Deftones stream new single
• Rush drummer retires
• Riverside guitarist dies
• New Visitors track + album
• Dream Machine dropped by label
• Novelists Release New Song
• Melvins stream new track
• TesseracT debut new single
• New HAIM video
• Captain, We're Sinking live at XP..
• New LCD Soundsystem Album
• New Fall Out Boy Song
• 2nd Manchester Orchestra Song
• Horns gesture trademark update
• Turnover premiere "Super Natural"..
• CityCop share music video
• New Captain We're Sinking album s..
• Mobb Deep's Prodigy found dead
» see all news