2013-02-06 by Voivod STAFF | 6 Comments
|Austrian progressive metallers Mayfair have returned to form and signed a record deal with Pure Prog Records, a division of Pure Steel Records. Their last outing was 1998's Fastest Trip to Cyber-Town.|
Initially, the band will re-release a re-mastered version of the debut album Behind..., further complemented with bonus tracks.
According to the band:
We have observed the work of Pure Steel group for quite a long time and they do a really great job. So it was our first choice for the re-release of our debut album.
This band has issued some quirky prog metal back in the '90s.
Good thing they have returned.
Digging: The Sabbathian - Ritual Rites
Wouldn't it be better to title it "Mayfair reform"? "Return to form" implies something else
Yeah it is said mostly about bands going back to their default style after a period of experimentation.
I think it's good just the way it is.
Edit: Okay, I edited the title, hope it's fine.
If you say so
Loved all their 3 albums, but they were very, very, very much underground, hopefully they won't do some modern day shit now and stick to what they have done in the past.
This band has sooo many Sputnik ratings.
• Kanye West causes uproar
• She has learned everything...
• Manchester Orchestra Hope
• Foo Fighters tease 'Outsides'
• xSPONGEXCOREx announce new EP
• The Ghost Inside detail new album
• Unearth release new song
• Motionless in White debut new vid..
• Chris Cheney forms supergroup
• New Helmet album in the works
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
• Another Exotype single
• Monster Magnet re-imagine album
• The Amity Affliction debut new vi..
• Dungortheb stream new album
• New Decapitated track
• Spain's Horizon stream debut album
• Orphans of Dusk stream debut EP
• New Chief Keef song
• Mineral robbed on tour
• Josiah Leming releases video for ..
• Today Is The Day debut new song
• This Legend (Ex-Yellowcard) finis..
» see all news