The Gaslight Anthem announce Australian tour 2013-01-24 by | 17 Comments William Lim
New Jersey rock outfit The Gaslight Anthem have announced a five-date Australian tour taking place across the 10th to the 19th of May. Tickets go on sale at 9AM on the 1st of February. The band are touring in support of their fourth studio album Handwritten, released in July of last year. The band also announced the future release of a live DVD, documenting the second of their three consecutive nights playing at Terminal 5 in New York City on November 29th, 2012.
Dates are as follows:
- Friday, May 10th - Brisbane, The Tivoli – 18+
- Sunday, May 12th - Sydney, Enmore Theatre – Lic A/A
- Wednesday, May 15th - Melbourne, The Palace – 18+
- Friday, May 17th - Adelaide, HQ – 18+
- Sunday, May 19th - Perth, Metro City – 18+
Tagged: The Gaslight Anthem
Davey is excited. Crap, I'm in Canada. Probably as good of a time as any to get into these guys. Excited. Wouldn't mind the same setlist that Jom got to see last year. So pumped I might go to this...latest record was solid. Definitely will be at The Palace show ...guys I think someone is butthurt of being banned or something.
Also, there's been some amazing tours in aus lately, but gotta say, this is one I just don't get ^Are they really that bad???
These guys, Fucked Up and Wonder Years all announced Aussie shows today and I can't hit up any of them. Digging: The Wonder Years - No Closer to Heaven Wonder Years are touring? Fuck yes. So long as they're with decent other bands, they seem like the type to tour with shitty
people (like the chariot and misery signals both do)
EDIT: Ok, they're touring with ok bands. And holy shit, two years ago they played at a local hall. Wtf. International bands
never do that Will be trying to go to this. I think are about to get reasonably big here (with the air time they have recently been getting on mainstream radio) and the next time they tour I don't want to be miles away from the stage behind hundreds of bogans who know the lyrics to half a song.
No offence to bogans Fuck, thought this was going to be a new album called "Austral" theyre coming for the oil Can see them selling out at least 2 of these shows, if not all of them. They've left room for additional shows in almost every case though. They'll definitely sell out The Palace. Especially since Triple M is going nuts for '45' lately. Well, Deftones & Letlive together sold it out twice, so TGA might as well. ^Kinda crazy that. Just two years ago Deftones didn't sell out their Sydney gig. This year they sold it out in a couple of days
• Brand New release new song as a f.. • Tool + Mastodon supergroup • Slint guitarist survives suicide .. • Muse unleash new single • Justin Lowe leaves After the Buri.. • Scarlett Johansson forms band • Nickelback get groovy • Justin Lowe found dead • New Muse song • Steven Wilson premieres new tune
• Autopsy unveil new material • Hollywood Undead release new musi.. • Lemmy leaves stage • Hospital releases new single • Members of Mudvayne form new band • The Nietzsche releases EP • Slayer unleash new single • A Skylit Drive release new song • Miley Cyrus debuts new music video • Duran Duran release new song • Gentleman's Pistols debut new tra.. • Black Pussy releases new EP • Ludovico Einaudi announce new alb.. • Laura Stevenson reveals new LP • Crazy Town stream new album » see all news