Jon Lord Passes Away2012-07-16 by Darkvoid67 | 21 Comments
|Today, July 16th marks the passing of a true legend of the rock scene. Ex-Deep Purple, |
Whitesnake (among others) keyboardist Jon Lord has sadly passed away after a long battle
with pancreatic cancer that begun in 2011. Lord was supposed to return to the live circuit
in Hagen, Germany on the 12th of this month but poor health prevented such an event and
ever since the keyboardists health has been on a steady decline.
A post upon his official website reads: "It is with deep sadness we announce the passing
of Jon Lord, who suffered a fatal pulmonary embolism today, Monday 16th July at the London
Clinic, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. Jon was surrounded by his loving
Lord was responsible for founding and leading Deep Purple during their lesser known years
and being present when the band created some of their most classic material such as "Deep
Purple In Rock", "Fireball" and "Machine Head", as well as being part of the highly revered
English rock band Whitesnake from 1978 to 1984. Rejoining Deep Purple in 1984, Lord also
went on to produce several solo works and collaborate with some of music's best known
figures, including his latest super-group project "Whocares" which featured, amongst others
Deep Purple vocalist Ian Gillan and Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath/Heaven And Hell fame.
Tagged: Jon Lord
this is just awful...he's one of my heroes! rest in peace, Jon. you will be sorely missed...
Terrible. A true champion in every way. Site needs more Jon Lord
Best rock n roll keyboardist ever. RIP
Yeah, terrible news.
Digging: King Midas Sound and Fennesz - Edition 1
May he rest in peace.
He was always one of the greatest parts of Deep Purple, one of the best keyboardists in rock. RIP.
True legend. RIP Mr. Jon Lord.
To me he *was* Deep Purple; he distinguished them.
Makes me really sad to hear this.......
RIP Jon, your music will live for ever.
Out of sheer respect, DP must retire now.
Rest in Peace
"To me he *was* Deep Purple; he distinguished them."
this so hard, he provided so much of their key sound
a big RIP
Sad news . R.I.P. Jon, a true legend of rock.
Awful news R.I.P Jon, your music will live on
news about green day's new crappy single has five times as many comments as the death of one of rock's all-time greats.
something is very wrong here
• Brand New release new song as a f..
• Tool + Mastodon supergroup
• Justin Lowe leaves After the Buri..
• Justin Lowe found dead
• Slint guitarist survives suicide ..
• Cynic break up
• Muse unleash new single
• Scarlett Johansson forms band
• Nickelback get groovy
• New Muse song
• Massive Attack announce tour; tea..
• Vision of Disorder premiere new s..
• Satyricon frontman diagnosed with..
• Brokencyde unveil new video
• The Faceless release single
• Underling stream Bloodworship
• Goatlord guitarist involved in mu..
• Raventale stream 8th LP
• Dog Fashion Disco release new vid..
• Bloc Party debut new material
• Moving Mountains/Prawn split
• Draconian reveal new track
• Flower Face debuts new single
• Golden Void premiere new video
• Hands Like Houses debut new song
» see all news