|Blakfish Break Up|
2010-02-14 by Gabe Penisington | 15 Comments
|Birmingham, England post-hardcore act Blakfish have broken up in acrimonious circumstances.|
The band announced the split on MySpace: "There's no easy way to say this so we'll just jump right in. On Thursday the 11th of February, 2010 in Bilbao, Spain, mid tour with Biffy Clyro, Sam decided to announce that he could no longer continue as a member of Blakfish. This came as a complete shock to us and everyone else on the tour.
"We would like to send our deepest apologies to everyone who's supported us in anyway, all the people who have invested their time, faith and money into our band, or our friends, fans, promoters and our families who supported us as we threw everything away to dedicate our lives to this band.
"This was in no way a group decision and state that it is the choice of an individual which unfortunately affects many other people.
"The three of us and our manager Kirk will surely continue musically in the future as this is all we have ever wanted to do, but regrettably this is the end of the road for Blakfish."
God dammit I'm gonna miss this band so much ;-;
What, no one cares about the 'fish?
Stop ruining my zinger titles.
never really listened to them...
bad news, I wasn't a huge fan,but they were good and looked to be getting somewhere.
never really listened to them...I confidently recommend Champions for you =o
this is awful news, and also very unexpected. hopefully the remaining members will continue in some shape or form
yeah this does suck, didn't see it coming.
It was clearly a group decision, they didn't have to break-up because the singer left. And either way...most of that statement was pretty rough towards the singer.
really disappointing, all the good bands on big scary monsters break up. for example meet me in st. louis and colour
my heart is broken
This sucks monkey balls... =(
They played a show in my town shortly after I got into Champions, had a chat with all of them and they were really nice folks. Especially the bassist. What a shame to see them go off like this. =( =( =(
Was the singer the douche who made them break up? ;-;
• Thom Yorke shares image of new re..
• At the Gates stream new song
• Issues release live music video
• Logic drops debut single
• Dance Gavin Dance stream new song
• New Stick To Your Guns record
• Yellowcard release new song
• Emarosa release music video
• Burn The Sun stream debut EP
• New Charli XCX Album Delayed
• Spiders post new single
• Helevorn stream new album
• New Replacements Album?
• Stream Flying Colors's New LP
• New Nothing More video
• Andy Stott announces new LP
• Varathron post new song
• Arca drops new single
• Mysticum welcomes you to Planet S..
• Stream Hammock's Sleepover 2
• Zodiac stream Sonic Child
• I The Mighty vocalist goes solo
• Avenged Sevenfold release new vid..
• GWAR reveal David Brockie's repla..
• Superfood set release date for ne..
» see all news