|Blakfish Break Up|
2010-02-14 by Gabe Penisington | 15 Comments
|Birmingham, England post-hardcore act Blakfish have broken up in acrimonious circumstances.|
The band announced the split on MySpace: "There's no easy way to say this so we'll just jump right in. On Thursday the 11th of February, 2010 in Bilbao, Spain, mid tour with Biffy Clyro, Sam decided to announce that he could no longer continue as a member of Blakfish. This came as a complete shock to us and everyone else on the tour.
"We would like to send our deepest apologies to everyone who's supported us in anyway, all the people who have invested their time, faith and money into our band, or our friends, fans, promoters and our families who supported us as we threw everything away to dedicate our lives to this band.
"This was in no way a group decision and state that it is the choice of an individual which unfortunately affects many other people.
"The three of us and our manager Kirk will surely continue musically in the future as this is all we have ever wanted to do, but regrettably this is the end of the road for Blakfish."
God dammit I'm gonna miss this band so much ;-;
What, no one cares about the 'fish?
Stop ruining my zinger titles.
never really listened to them...
bad news, I wasn't a huge fan,but they were good and looked to be getting somewhere.
never really listened to them...I confidently recommend Champions for you =o
this is awful news, and also very unexpected. hopefully the remaining members will continue in some shape or form
yeah this does suck, didn't see it coming.
It was clearly a group decision, they didn't have to break-up because the singer left. And either way...most of that statement was pretty rough towards the singer.
really disappointing, all the good bands on big scary monsters break up. for example meet me in st. louis and colour
my heart is broken
This sucks monkey balls... =(
They played a show in my town shortly after I got into Champions, had a chat with all of them and they were really nice folks. Especially the bassist. What a shame to see them go off like this. =( =( =(
Was the singer the douche who made them break up? ;-;
• Thrice to reunite in 2015?
• Incubus reveal upcoming releases
• Ling Tosite Sigure release new so..
• Melechesh post lyric video
• Thrown to the Sun release new vid..
• SUMAC premiere new song
• The new Colour Haze record is out
• Fair to Midland side project anno..
• Methadone Skies unveil new LP
• Alimony release new song
• NYVES releases new song
• Scorpions detail new album
• East of the Wall team up with Cry..
• Thrown to the Sun stream new album
• Havukruunu stream new EP
• The Darcys are now a duo
• Get Set Go stream new album
• Falling in Reverse debut new song
• Bobby Shmurda & crew indicted
• Stonebride drop new album
• Morbid Angel working on new mater..
• Prognathe stream new album
• Imagine Dragons release new single
• Astrokraut stream debut album
• Sekte stream debut album
» see all news