|Nick Cave Completes New Novel|
2009-08-14 by Vegeta of Nazareth | 6 Comments
|Nick Cave, the Australian singer known for his work with the Bad Seeds, The Birthday Party, and Grinderman has completed his second novel, entitled The Death of Bunny Munro. It is scheduled for release on September 1.|
The book's official description reads: "Twenty years after the publication of his first novel, And the Ass Saw the Angel, Nick Cave brings us the final days of Bunny Munro, a salesman in search of a soul. Set adrift by his wife’s suicide and struggling to keep some sort of grasp on reality, Bunny Munro drives off in his yellow Fiat Punto, Bunny Jr. in tow. To his son, waiting patiently in the car while he peddles beauty wares and quickies to lonely housewives in the south of England, Bunny is a hero, larger than life.
"But Bunny himself seems to have only a dim awareness of his son’s existence, viewing his needs as a distraction from the relentless pursuit of sex, alcohol, and drugs. When his bizarre road trip shades into a final reckoning, Bunny realizes that the revenants of his world—decrepit fathers, vengeful ghosts, jealous husbands, and horned psycho-killers—lurk in the shadows, waiting to exact their toll. At turns dark and humane—and with all the mystery and enigma fans will recognize as Cave’s singular vision—The Death of Bunny Munro questions the nature of sin and redemption, and lays bare the imprints that fathers leave on their sons."
Listen to Cave reading the first three chapters on the book's official website.
Tagged: Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds
god he would
Digging: Charli XCX - Sucker
Is his first novel any good?
It's not bad hey, but I'd expect this to be better. It's been a number of years since the first, and in the meantime he also would have got a lot of experiance from writing "The Proposition", which was awesome.
^ oh yes it was.
Hah, I guess my original news post was too effed up
Solid. I should probably read that. I should probably get more Nick Cave too. I only have No More Shall We Part and that one seems to be a lot of depressing piano ballads. I'd like to hear more though.
Yeah, both his novels are awesome. I preferred And The Ass Saw The Angel though, The Death of Bunny Munro's writing style was much easier to read.
• Modest Mouse release the first si..
• Korn vs Type 1 Diabetes
• Marilyn Manson reveals Deep Six
• Periphery drops another song
• Kendrick Lamar performs new track
• New Enter Shikari video
• Enslaved detail upcoming album, a..
• Fair to Midland side project anno..
• Imagine Dragons release new single
• Chief Keef & Kanye West collabora..
• Falling in Reverse debut new song
• Bobby Shmurda & crew indicted
• Stonebride drop new album
• Incubus reveal upcoming releases
• SUMAC premiere new song
• Morbid Angel working on new mater..
• Prognathe stream new album
• The new Colour Haze record is out
• Methadone Skies unveil new LP
• Astrokraut stream debut album
• Sekte stream debut album
• New Ensiferum album
• Whalerider stream debut album
• Apex Shrine stream debut LP
• Alimony release new song
» see all news