It Dies Today
The Caitiff Choir

by aresx USER (7 Reviews)
October 25th, 2006 | 7 replies

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

Review Summary: It Dies Today's second release is a great change in their music, bringing more melody in most of the songs

ok, i fixed this review up a little bit.

I must say, before i start this review... if you are a fan of breakdowns, then you will LOVE this album.

This is It Dies Today's second release. Their first being their popular Forever Scorned EP. Forever Scorned showed a brutal and heavy side of this band. With songs like "My Promise, The Depravity Waltz, and The Caitiff Choir: Revelations" The brutality of the band really shines with breakdowns filling in the songs. most other songs, such as "Severed Ties Yeild Severed Heads, A Therenody for Modern Romance, and Freak Gasoline Fight Accident," The songs still remain the heavy sound and the brutal breakdowns, but they also add melody and singing in the chorus' throughout the song. And with songs such as "The Radiance, Marigold, and Naenia" The screaming and breakdowns are gone and the entire song is melody and singing. The melodic songs are done very well, and are a nice transistion from the constant breakdowns and screaming. With three different styles of metal in one album, it proves to be an interesting listen.

Nicks voice is good in both screaming and singing. His screaming voice sounds forced, but it fits the music well. His singing voice sounds really nice when it is used, and its used at just the right time.

The guitars sound nice and heavy, and the double beat drums, when used, sound great and fit the song.

Pros:
BREAKDOWNS GALORE
Nicks vocals are pretty well done
has both heavy and melodic songs

Cons:
The songs with no melody (My Promise, The Depravitzy Waltz) are not as good as the songs with singing and melody
BREAKDOWNS GALORE
uh...wheres the bass"

well, this is one of my favorite albums, and probably one of the best metalcore albums out there.

Darwin Deez Songs For Imaginative PeoplePink Floyd The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
As I Lay Dying Frail Words CollapseAll That Remains The Fall of Ideals
Slipknot Vol. 3: The Subliminal VersesCannibal Corpse Butchered at Birth

Drunken Viking
October 26th 2006

You really don't tell me anything about this album other than that, there are a lot of breakdowns, and that their vocalist can sing/scream.

loathed
October 26th 2006

good album, poor review...

sorry mate.

aresx
October 26th 2006

well, this was my first non TBT review... so i wasn't expecting all that great reviews anyway.

Thor
October 26th 2006

I like breakdowns quite a bit, but this album is rather bad.

rustysurf84
October 26th 2006

Not very well written, you need to work on your form. You didn't even mention all the songs on the album, and just gave one sentence descriptions, at best.

And for the record, the breakdowns aren't that good.This Message Edited On 10.26.06

Wizard

20129 Comments

An ok review, but lack of detail does not make this album sound appealing (I advise revising it a bit to give it some more depth). If these guys had released this album 2 years prior, they would have been one of the better and more original metalcore bands out there. But like I say with some of these new metalcore bands within the last few years, too little, too late. This Message Edited On 10.26.06

r0wney
October 27th 2006

this cd is.....good nothing that spetacular