Andre Nickatina
I Hate You With a Passion

by combustion07 USER (72 Reviews)
January 23rd, 2023 | 9 replies

Release Date: 1995 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Take a sherm induced journey through the hip-hop genre and allow Dre Dog to treat you like a cow in a slaughterhouse!

Dre Dog is a California rapper with a unique ass voice and writing style. I first discovered Dre Dog when I was on an early horrorcore binge and he was featured on an album I'd bought by Triple 6 called Hustlin 4 My Paper. Upon hearing his verse on "Walking Assassin" from that album I was immediately hooked on his style from every aspect from cadence, writing, flow and the way he found the pocket there. I Hate You With a Passion is his second album and my personal favorite from him.

Dre Dog very frequently incorporates animals, bugs and whales into his raps. Dude truly puts together some wild rhymes throughout this album. A personal favorite on here is the acapella track "Piece of My Mind". The aggression in his voice throughout this song absolutely pushes it to a whole other level. In amped up fashion he exclaims "HE'S CUT! THE LEFT EYE'S ALL ***ED UP! ONE HITTA QUITTER GOT EM WALKIN LIKE AH DRUNK! SKUNK IN THE BLUNT N*GGA ALL ROLLED UP, TUGBOAT N*GGA AND THE SEA JUST SUNK! IMMA YACHT MUTHER***AH GIMME WHAT YA GOT!"

The production on this album is dope as hell. There's the smooth cuts like "Situations Critical", "Hit It From the Back", and "Killa Whale". My all time favorite Dre Dog song is "Mind Full of Hatred". Front to back this song is wicked and is an amazing introduction to Dre Dog's rap style. I'd say the production here still sounds quite a bit ahead of it's time even today and considering it was released in 1995 it's impressive to say the least. The whole record almost has that traditional west coast style but a bit off kilter throughout almost as though it's been dipped into some pcp or cough syrup, or perhaps both!

Overall I Hate You With a Passion is a favorite of mine from the west coast hip hop scene. Dre Dog brings an energy that is entirely unique to him alone. The tone takes leaps from dark to funny effortlessly and remains cohesive at every moment. You'd be hard pressed to find another album that feels like this one or his debut. Essential listening for fans of West coast rap or just more aggressive rap albums in general. JAM IT!!!

Nickelus F StuckScrambled Defuncts Catacomb Abattoir
Sex Prisoner Sex PrisonerVoid Column Admonition of Clarity
Entheos (USA) Dark FutureEmbryonic Devourment Heresy of the Highest Order
4.2

11918 Comments

ONCE IN MY SCOPE THERE AIN'T NO HOPE BECAUSE I DON'T CARE! YOU WALKING NOW BUT WHEN YA SEE ME PICTURE WHEELCHAIRS! BECAUSE MY BEAR HUG BE FUCKIN UP YA VERTEBRAE AND NOW YER LOOKING LIKE A CAT ON THA FREEWAY!!!

This shit is fire!

Link to album: https://youtu.be/d8ffi8mSElc

foxblood

HELL YEAH dude!

11918 Comments

Ahhh yeah!!! I feel like me and you are big time musical neighbors if we were to both be active on last fm. Cheers to your taste.

I wrote this review stupid fast so it probably isn't great but I was really just wanting a thread to post endless all caps quotes from this legendary album. Amazing shit. Honestly probably deserves the bump to a 5 too tbh

holy shit pos

19789 Comments

killa whale is one of the most classic songs for me and my best friend what a masterpiece

11918 Comments

I knew it anyone would appreciate this finally getting a write up it'd be you Drifter.

Agreed on Killa Whale. That one, Mind Full of Hatred, Situation Critical and Piece of My Mind are the highlights here for me

19789 Comments

fox put me onto this one in the first place. killer classic album. i remember talking to him like 5+ years ago about that a cappella track thats another highlight for me. so memorable. muthafucka is another killer. situation critical is so classic. mind full of hatred. powda 4 the hoes ugh so many amazing memorable classic songs on here. even down to the album cover is incredible

Agreed on all of those points. I love the beat on Powder 4 the Hoes so much

11918 Comments

Also if you guys haven't heard the Triple 6 album he's featured on I highly recommend checking it out. Here's the track with him on it. Sick shit that's mostly got a horrorcore twist to it but it's got a few just straight up hard tracks from that era too

Walkin Assassin: https://youtu.be/YUuDk9N3_O0