Rurutia
Seirios

by Mr. Pizza USER (421 Reviews)
November 22nd, 2022 | 6 replies

Review Summary: I’m so horny for the keyboard mmmmm.

Seirios is nice through and through, and I mean very nice. The female vocals are so pretty that I don’t want to listen to another singer this year, I just want to melt in her ocean. That’s not a sexual comment, although let’s be honest, the album turns me on. The meal of synths, pianos, bells, strings, etc. is tasty and effective like a bento box. Very relaxing 90s style pop seems to be the style here, music that’s magic enough to fit perfectly with any Japanese media you’re currently addicted to. The cushiness is so palpable I may drown in it but, ummm, in a great way.

I’d like to call this cinematic pop so I will. This is cinematic pop. There’s incredible density to the melodies created, and a tension that makes for a sense of importance. As well, the methodical pace of the album, coupled with lullaby-lite tunes makes for remarkably non-linear atmospheres. The flip side is the songs can be zoned out quickly if you’re not eagerly paying attention.

This album is so soothing I nearly fell asleep listening to it. To be fair, I had a long work day, but I want to get lost in the layers of this album again. Rurutia’s vocal inflections are infectiously warm and unique, so thick with sexiness that if her sexiness was juice, it would include pulp. Such is the potent impact of the album, which slaps with the force of a stampeding llama who is thirsty for water. This album is smoother than milk, and I like milk. Llamas also like milk, but not my llama because it is a plushy. But I digress. I don’t know what Seirios means (because I didn’t look it up) but I’m sure it means something groundbreaking, because this album may break the ground beneath you in order to alert you of the album’s holy presence. Enough said.