Shub Niggurath
The Kinglike Celebration (Final Aeon on Earth)

by ValenDreth USER (42 Reviews)
December 11th, 2021 | 5 replies

Release Date: 1997 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Give this one a spin if you love dark evil metal from Mexico, or any country.

Mexico is known around the world as one of the craziest countries. It's hot. It's sandy. There are dark, shady bars with cowboys, farting nachos in the hot sun. There is the cartel corrupting all the towns. The police have been bought off, and there is little in the way of justice left in these countries. Those who do not flee to the United States to start a new life often start death metal bands to cope with the craziness of Mexico. When one lives in chaos, chaos has no choice but to manifest. It's going to get out somehow. You can either join a dangerous gang, cut people's heads off on Liveleak and all that, or you can study the Lovecraftian arts and summon crazy monsters with your riffs.

Needless to say, Shub Niggurath are doing just that, so I highly recommend giving this one a spin. Crazy is the word that comes to mind within three or four seconds of this album. The atmosphere washes over me and I am getting pummeled. This is not a mariachi band. These guys are high on Satanic Mexican ditch weed and it freaking shows. If that sounds appealing to you, give this one a spin. God damn! This is the type of music that is so good and so crazy, it would get immigrants to actually move back to Mexico if they gave this album a spin. America simply doesn't have riffs like these nowadays. It's like the difference between Chili's imitation chicken enchilada, and an authentic taco truck, featuring tongue, ballsack, butthole. The works. This has the works. "Subhuman Immortality," "Legions from Absu," all the songs are absolutely crazy.

Give this one a spin if you love crazy dark occult metal.