Neon Trees
I Can Feel You Forgetting Me

1.0
awful

by Barry000 USER (6 Reviews)
July 31st, 2020 | 15 replies

Release Date: 07/24/2020 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Nothing to recommend.

Despite their psychedelic name, the band ‘Neon Trees’ are very dutiful servants to modern pop music, down to every dotted i and crossed t - to that end, hopefully they have ‘met’ many fans and made lots of money.
By modern pop, it is literally somewhere between what they call ‘House’ music mixed with 90’s boyband and the rhythm of late 90s / early 00s alternative rock.

Every song has the same tasteless melody that sounds like it was ripped from One Dimension, the vocalist has the whole slick-metro-man vibe down to every ooh and every ahh. Even though some of the lyrics deal with issues such as relationship break-ups, they always feel like they were purpose written with a guy-in-a-suit ‘supervising’ every word to make sure it fits in with a required genre-acceptance meter; as such, there is not a single moment in the whole 34 minutes that feels remotely ‘heart-felt’.

There is not a single note or melody that feels ‘off-script’ or the musicians ‘doing their thing’. It’s all written from a pre-determined script that this band blindly follows in search of a platinum record.

I wouldn’t recommend this as listening for anyone.

The Naked and Famous RecoverSnowgoose The Making Of You

Habits

Pop Psychology

LeddSledd
July 31st 2020

This reads like a long soundoff. No criticisms of substance here

Kompys2000
July 31st 2020

I'll bet good money this is still better than whatever the 1975 have been shoveling out lately

Dewinged

20531 Comments

Thank you, Barry.

Digging: Alanis Morissette - Such Pretty Forks in the Road

Kompys2000

Yeah 3 tracks in and this is already very clearly not a 1

LePsych
July 31st 2020

I wouldn't recommend your reviews to anyone so your summary is actually on point there.

DoofDoof
July 31st 2020

If you’ve nothing nice to say about something - review it!

Barry gets it

July 31st 2020

These guys had some catchy singles back in the day, but they've gotten worse with every album. I'm sure this continues the tradition.

Digging: Dominic Fike - What Could Possibly Go Wrong

Odal

Everybody Talks was a bop

July 31st 2020

yeah animal and everybody talks are the go-to bops for this band

Snake.

Reviews 4
Approval 5%

TheCalebRobinson
July 31st 2020

I agree that the album was rather underwhelming, but I think if you're gonna make a claim that none of it is recommendable then you should probably include some more reasons why.

gryndstone
August 1st 2020

sad at how much i don't like this album. also review should be longer

SPRFanOf5H
August 1st 2020

Digging: Logic - No Pressure

newsteamchannel4
August 3rd 2020

“ And I thought Jeffery was horrible. My apologies Jeffery, this guy takes the cake.”

At least this dude isn’t offhandedly misogynistic.

sixdegrees