">

Imprecation
Theurgia Goetia Summa

by ValenDreth USER (23 Reviews)
February 7th, 2020 | 6 replies

Release Date: 1995 | Tracklist

Damn, this crap freaking scares me. The doom is too much to handle - the crushing grooves laid down by Missouri City titans of death Imprecation are, quite simply, to die for. By the way, if Donald Trump is reading this, that's Missouri City in Texas, not Missouri. Just had to put that out there for our dumbass in chief. But I digress - back to the evil. Death metal titans Imprecation are like carpenters of riffbuilding, skilled bricklayers of darkness. These riffs swallow you whole.

The vocals are like a baluga whale or maybe a deeper sea creature - the vocals on tracks like "Nocturnal Feast of the Luciferians" reminds me of how the deepest sea creatures would communicate. For any jokers, I'm not high, I'm just a fan of heavy metal, and Imprecation delivers the goods.

The guttural sensations of "The Awakening of Majestic Darkness," combined with that dare I say swinging groove and some wild double bass work that gets your head bopping, it's almost like the music of Imprecation has a jazzy quality. Not in its technicality, but in its minimalism - this is like the bluest Miles Davis, if he had been influenced by death metal in the late 50's. We will never know what that sounds like but I can confidently say Imprecation were influenced by fellow titan Miles Davis.

Atmospheric keyboard noises in metal usually brings to mind bands that are decidedly not titans, such as Cradle of Filth. Imprecation know how to make the song eerie without making it sound like Disney channel. Rare, like steak. Death metal titans Imprecation have served you a rare steak of death metal perfection. Your farts will be evil after you eat it, so beware. I feel evil just thinking about it.