Tod Huetet Uebel
Nomen Nescio

by Robert Garland CONTRIBUTOR (312 Reviews)
January 1st, 2020 | 24 replies

Release Date: 01/01/2020 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Black metal will be everlasting.

There’s not a great deal to say about Tod Huetet Uebel’s newest offering so I’ll get straight to it; Nomen Nescio is a pleasant display of primal ferocity, revelling in the very stereotypes that guide the blackened hands of many musicians to a triumph of Bandcamp released music. Regardless of the format to which Nomen Nescio reaches their listener, their brand of black metal justifies its own existence, but fails to achieve more than the middling standards of quality music.

Largely, Tod Huetet Uebel live and breath in the dissonant revelries of blast beats, sinister atmospheres and shrieks aplenty. There’s not a lot here that sets Nomen Nescio apart from a genre full of competitors, copycats and imitators - none of which would bat an eye at Tod Huetet Uebel’s caustic formula. No matter the level of heartfelt wailing shown by vocalist, Daniel C, his often imitation-style of Anaal Nathrakh shrieks and growls fail to promote a world full of cacophony-laced rage and mentally tormented pain. Despite this, a casual fan of the genre could find many points of value within Nomen Nescio’s runtime. The doom-esque “Impotente de Infinito” which shifts it's rapturous tempo back and forth between sweltering riffs and chaotic blasts. And when you add that Daniel’s vocals somehow always dominate the track (and album’s) run-time, preventing any other element the time of day to shine given the middle some prevalence of its stereotypes there's not much your average listener can do but wait for the track to end.

As far as the 2020 accounts for extreme music goes, there’s undoubtedly a lot better just waiting in the wings for their time in the spotlight, but all things considered; there’s a lot worse listeners could be doing to open the year’s bleaker proclivities.

Svart Crown Wolves Among The AshesSylosis Cycle of Suffering
Aeonian Sorrow A Life WithoutThy Catafalque Naiv
Dzo-nga Thunder In the MountainsDragged Into Sunlight Terminal Aggressor II
good

January 1st 2020

Inoffensive black metal for the new year.

also, not much to say so short review for the win?

Digging: Sutrah (CAN) - Aletheia

Dewinged
January 1st 2020

I was looking for some interesting January 1st release and saw this one.

Immediately nope'd out of it ;)

Digging: Post Animal - Forward Motion Godyssey

January 1st 2020

Did the same as you and three rums later took it as a sign from the gods. I'm sure there's going to be something more to talk about in a week or two.

Azog
January 1st 2020

Not terrible. Not great, either. Average sounds right to me.

Truly a shame, this for a swansong. I liked their previous output a lot more.

DDDeftoneDDD
January 4th 2020

that's how we should start

looooowwww

Digging: Hallas - Conundrum

January 4th 2020

Dat 4.5 tho?

Donchivo
January 5th 2020

Terrible band name! 'Death herds evil'... an article missing before evil. Without the article it just says that death is herding badly. Also it should be spelled 'hütet übel'. WTF...

Digging: Nate Hall - Fear Of Falling

January 5th 2020

Dr. Manhattan in blackface

Digging: Sewerslvt - Draining Love Story

TheSpirit
January 6th 2020

I like short reviews the most. A couple of things:

"There’s not a great deal to say about Tod Huetet Uebel’s newest offering so I’ll get straight to it; Nomen Nescio is a pleasant display of primal ferocity, revelling in the very stereotypes that that guide the blackened hands of many musicians to a triumph of Bandcamp released music."

"The doom-esque “Impotente de Infinito” which shifts it's rapturous tempo back and forth between sweltering riffs and chaotic blasts - but somehow Daniel’s vocals somehow always dominate the track (and album’s) run-time, preventing any other element the time of day to shine past its stereotypes."

You may want to remove one of the somehows. Past should be passed. This sentence in general doesn't really make sense, you may want to split it up.

Nice review otherwise. There's so much bad - average black metal on bandcamp (to be expected) but I'm glad you posted this so I know to avoid.

Digging: Carved Cross - Severance of Disparity in Absolute Acrimony

Essence
January 6th 2020

lmao this is some wannabe deathspell shit

edit: I would like to correct the above to "this is some -bad- wannabe deathspell shit"

DungeonBoy
January 6th 2020

yeah... went in with an open mind, got about halfway through the first track

Digging: Holy Fawn - The Black Moon

Essence
January 6th 2020

lemme tell you, I made it to track 5 - it doesn't get better, it just doesn't get worse

@TheSpirit,

love your work babe. Polished up those obvs fuck ups. I'm sure Bandcamp will start to pay off in a couple of months,

frozencarl
January 7th 2020

@bloc also looks like Atlas from bioshock lol

Digging: Aesmah - Walking Off The Horizon

January 7th 2020

Looks like it missed out on a spot in the Moana soundtrack

Azog
January 8th 2020

Doesn't get better with repeated listens. It gets worse. Had to lower my rating accordingly.

January 8th 2020

Same here, left the review score for objectivity reasons

DDDeftoneDDD
January 9th 2020

slooooowwwww....2 entries on 2020 LMAO

Corsodyl
January 11th 2020

This makes me want to punch people in the face

Beautifully filth