King 810
Queen

by Ninjahague USER (8 Reviews)
August 12th, 2019 | 10 replies

Release Date: 2017 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Cause I know and you know, I won't always love you

If there is one thing I can honestly take away from King 810’s mostly bumpy discography, it is that lead vocalist David Gunn is an exceptional frontman, and when I say frontman, I don’t necessarily mean vocalist. I mean through his usually awkward vocal delivery and stumped down lyrical structure, he delivers an honest to god force of pure unrestrained, genuinity. Say what you want about King810, most of the hate towards the band isn’t unwarranted by any means, they're definitely a mixed bag. But throughout every song king’s put out, David delivers an energetic force of legitimate authenticity throughout his music, even if the songs are over the top edgy and violent, there is a bona fide genuinity that is delivered throughout each and every track that is incomparable to the bands they’re usually compared to.

Queen takes this genuinity, and places it in a different light. Queen is not a metal record, and really isn’t even a King record (comparatively). Queen is a 5 track one off EP that puts David in front of soft piano ballads and melancholic acoustics. Each track follows the concept of lost love and pondering heartbreak, and David’s low glooming voice fits these instrumentals with ease, the authenticity of his gloomed delivery is put into an uncomfortably beautiful display.

This EP doesn’t fix the flaws David constantly showcases, even through the complete 180 in genre, his sometimes forced delivery and predictable rhymes tend to break off the instrumentals more than some would be comfortable with. These faults may very well ruin it for some, but I’ll take an honest, down to earth passion, over structure any day. Enter this record without any predisposition towards the bands previous work, and you may just find a connection you can relate to.. Everyone has their soft side.

Logic Confessions of a Dangerous MindVarious Artists Count Your Blessings: an Encore
My Purest Heart For You Isolation And The Ward Of Internal AbuseChelsea Grin Eternal Nightmare
Winds of Plague Blood of My EnemyVersus My Phobia The Journey
2.1
poor

ianbisntdeadyet
August 12th 2019

pos just because this is a good rev and an extremely pipin' hot take. maybe i'll rejam one of these guys' record with this perspective in mind

Digging: Touche Amore - Dead Horse X

SteakByrnes

I refuse to believe this band can produce an album above a 1

Digging: Rich Brian - The Sailor

JayEnder
August 12th 2019

This band still exists lol

Digging: Shadow of Intent - Melancholy

Snake.
August 12th 2019

remember when tuesdays with tay would subliminally lay into this band lol high school was fun

Ninjahague

steak i swear to god and all that is holy it is above at least a 1.5

igordrago
August 13th 2019

Steak we are in agreement

Ninjahague

give er a chance

SharkTooth
August 14th 2019

Does this album have any slam poetry?

ianbisntdeadyet
August 14th 2019

slam poetry, but with emphasis on the slam

JesperL
August 15th 2019

thanks now i realised how much i miss tuesdays with tay