Hampton The Hampster
Hampsterdance the Album

by industry plant USER (30 Reviews)
June 29th, 2019 | 24 replies

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

Review Summary: A black metal masterpiece that transcends words

The heaviest black metal band this side of Burzum, Hampton the Hampster is by far the most brutal band on the scene today. But don't be fooled, there's more substance in Hampsterdance The Album than insane brutal heaviness that makes Dethklok blush: the guitar makes trying to carry a weight look like a piece of cake, but the bass is a masterpiece of technical achievement, and the drumlines are so progressive it makes even the proggiest of prog-rockers jealous.

While opening track "The Hampsterdance Song" is an in-your-face black metal classic, its not until "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" kicks in that Hampton H. McHampster and crew really kick into gear, mixing their normal black metal goodness with a touch of sludgy-doom and a nice helping of Johnny Cash-esque country. "A Hampster's Life" provides a strange crossing with black metal musicianship with lyrics about life on the road, but the band mix the two together so well that the minimal flaws become progressively harder to notice. "Dreaming" gives us a strange helping of dream pop crossed with black metal, and "Even Hampsters Get The Blues" provides us with the only clean singing on the album as an emo-pop masterpiece that really hits home the fact that since we have these jacks-of-all-stats that can live forever by virtue of being cartoon characters, My Chemical Romance died for literally f**king nothing.

The production is so good that not even the most well-produced pop (or even rock/metal) acts could dream of the masterpiece mixing and mastering that blesses Hampsterdance The Album; if you think Flemming Rasmussen, Fredrik Nordström or Terry Date can even come close to this, think again; it mixes the best aspects of Rasmussen, Nordström and Date's productions and amps them up to 11,000 in a way that not even producers famous for overexaggerating elements could even dream of. Every instrument sounds beautiful, every instrument sounds clear, you can actually hear the bass for once, adding even better flavor to "Even Hampsters Get The Blues" in particular as there is a well-known and very disturbing lack of bass on emo-pop albums. In closing, Hampsterdance The Album is truly a masterpiece for the ages and it should be required to hear what should be christened by every government in existance as required listening, as no one will ever top Hampton and company's masterpiece. Listen and be blessed.

Jonas Brothers Happiness BeginsSublime with Rome Blessings
From First to Last From First to LastTrash Boat Crown Shyness
Judah and the Lion Folk Hop N' RollBelzebubs Pantheon of the Nightside Gods

June 29th 2019

Delayed flights cause insane levels of boredom: a review

album stream: https://open.spotify.com/album/7gA2nNlYpzeT9yINPK0MEo

AgentDeathbat
June 29th 2019

i cant stop laughing lmfao pos

June 29th 2019

Holy hell the hamster dance brings back soooo many memories

Digging: UNKLE - Psyence Fiction

pressing F to pay respects

SlicePaperMoog

Supercoolguy64
June 29th 2019

Hamsterdance is my will to live

JohnnyoftheWell
June 29th 2019

"Delayed flights cause insane levels of boredom: a review"

Most relatable words I ever did read. This review sparks joy.

Digging: bloodthirsty butchers - Kocorono

Hellscythe
June 29th 2019

I had this as a kid. it was pretty progressive for its time. there's a cover of Thank God I'm a Country Boy sung by a girl hamster.

this is a really dumb and unfunny review though.

samwise2000

@Willow this review means nothing until you actually 5 this ;D

theamazingjamez
June 29th 2019

ThIS IS THA BES REVIEW FOR HTE Best ALBUM EVER MADE INA LL THE TIMES ALL TIME EVER EVER EVER

Kompys2000
June 30th 2019

I hate how they spell hamster with a p

Space Jester

More like Hampton the Hempster

foxblood

omg

June 30th 2019

"this review means nothing until you actually 5 this"

challenge accepted :D

"this is a really dumb and unfunny review though"

sorry that I didn't make you laugh, as consolation here's the time you spent reading this review back

"This review sparks joy."

indeed it does : )

"if you never fucked with hampsterdance at least one time in your life you dont deserve to live"

agreed tbh

June 30th 2019

"More like Hampton the Hempster"

somewhere some idiot has probably photoshopped a picture of Hampton smoking weed

Azog
June 30th 2019

My daughter owns one. Pure fucking evil. (The hamster. Not my daughter.)

Skoj

why

June 30th 2019

because flight delays cause boredom, and the problem of boredom needs to be remedied

Meridiu5