Logic
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

by Ninjahague USER (9 Reviews)
May 15th, 2019 | 24 replies

Release Date: 05/10/2019 | Tracklist

Review Summary: logic makes a logic album

Look, I don’t really feel like overthinking a Logic album so let's keep this short and sweet. Through his grand discography compared to the years he's been an active artist, Logic was lucky enough to find his own sound early that worked really well for him, a sound he was clearly flourished and comfortable in. And 9 years later, Logic hasn’t budged from that sound. Logic has in no way, attempted to evolve from his sound aside from Supermarket. Supermarket was not a good album, but at the very least he was pushing himself from his comfort zone. For someone who wears his contemporaries so heavily on his sleeve, it's quite ironic that the phrase “You’ve heard one album, you’ve heard em all”, describes his career so well, since you couldn’t really apply that same statement to someone he clearly has inspiration from, such as Eminem, whose discog definitely isn’t the most consistent, but at least has the benefit of each album being unique in its own way. But oh dear Logic, you’re albums are no longer unique. Confessions is barely an evolution from YSIV, and the album before that,
And the album before that
And the album before that...

In the span of 5 years, 2014-2019, Logic has released, 5 LPS (not counting the 2 BT tapes and Supermarket). 5 albums with that signature Logic Sound, Logic Lyrics, And Logic Beats. And yeah, its “good”. The production is nice and the delivery is clean, but its the same damn sound every time, and every Logic release held under these standards is going to be nothing more than “yeah its, good I suppose”, “sure is a Logic album alright”. At this rate, Logic's going to end up like a contemporary Tech N9ne’s discography. Your going to tire out of your sound, as well will your fans. Logic needs to give himself time to explore new sounds, and then (he never does this part) refine said sound. And in order to do this,(he never does this part either).
Slow the releases the *** down