Lowly
Hifalutin

by 0GuyMan0 USER (9 Reviews)
April 27th, 2019 | 5 replies

Release Date: 2019 | Tracklist

Go from the iris…

I always look forward to winter until that day when the wind is a little too chilly and all too few leaves remain, but we’re all still stubbornly refusing to acknowledge Autumn’s passing. The electricity in the air warning of the months-long rest to come for the green world, the graying of the sky... I know I’ll miss it when I wake up the next morning. Hifalutin is an entrancing discomfort that will come to define those moments of trepidation, when I’m all too unsure that I’m prepared to put that much more distance between me and the beginning and acknowledge there's that much less between me and the end. When I’ll have to consider if I’m living hard enough.

And we are what we are…

The soft, bubbling melodies precede a sort of mystifying madness to come. Synths pulsing among timid, staccato drumming and angelic vocals manage to build a feeling of somber regret over the course of fourteen tracks. Hifalutin is an organic, expansive moment in time, and as the spectacular “Children” fades away with soft piano I feel that same sense of loss that is only intensified with the melancholy “delicate delegates”.

…To leave it where it was, and love it like it is

Hifalutin is a joy and a curse, far too dense for its simplicity, far too affecting for so few words. Far too compelling to leave behind. “Wonder” passes me by like that final day before winter, the last vestiges of beauty leaving me all too unsure that I’ve given it all it deserves.
I’ll invariably begin again and take comfort that this time around, I can try harder. Knowing what I already know, I can surely give it the attention it deserves. And if I can’t, there’s always next year.

Nonpoint XThe Atlas Moth Coma Noir
Nonpoint To the PainNonpoint The Poison Red
Queensryche Condition HumanThe Atlas Moth The Old Believer

0GuyMan0
April 27th 2019

2029 Comments

This was far out of my realm of comfort, so I hope that I did it justice. The vocals are absolutely outstanding. The soft melodies kinda make me wanna cry.

I imagine this will probably come off as uplifting to some. I'd be interested to hear how people perceive it.

JohnnyoftheWell
April 27th 2019

Niiiiiice good to see you enjoyed this so much!

Digging: Otoboke Beaver - Itekoma Hits

Dewinged
April 28th 2019

Dude really good job! You should definitely write more! I 5'd their debut but haven't warmed up to this one yet.

I think a lot of people here would love this though.

Digging: ???? (Ohashi) - ?????? (Nami no Hajimari)

Dewinged
April 29th 2019

Or maybe no, lol

0GuyMan0
May 17th 2019

2029 Comments

Oddly enough (and I only fleetingly checked it) I was really not into the debut. Thanks for the nice words and the rec though.