Pond (AUS)
Tasmania

by CoppolaT USER (1 Reviews)
March 1st, 2019 | 5 replies

Release Date: 2019 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Pond did it again with their new album "Tasmania"

When I first heard David Bowie's work, I felt like everything was new, that he was giving to me something special, a gift of sorts full of imagination, creativity and innovation. He was pushing boundaries in music and on people's minds to give something fresh and challenging at the same time.

Pond's latest album "Tasmania" has succesfully given me that feeling once again, every song I hear is something creatively new and fresh to the ears. You can clearly hear a Bowie influence on this album (no news) but with the distinction and personality of Pond's creative process. Electronic drums and synths take over this album, with spacial effects and voices. But it also gives you the sort of Tame Impala-ish echoed drum fills, and weepingly psychodelic guitars. The theatricality of Nicholas Allbrook's singing is also one of the albums delights, he once again succesfully delivers mystery and heartbreak with his Bowie-like articulations and storytelling.

When you first listen to Pond's new album Tasmania, specially the first song "Daisy", you just know you're in for a treat. Pond is the proof that music is constantly renewing itself within the same genre and that it is okay to show your influences and use resources of such influence to create something fresh and worth the listen.

I enjoyed this album very much, it took me through a journey of space and feels as vivid as a happy memory, I expected nothing less from this ground-breaking Australian band. Congrats boys.

3.2
good

Man, It Feels like Space

Hobo Rocket
recommended by reviewer
Pond The Weather

Dewinged
March 1st 2019

I feel you could have expanded on the Bowie influence and add more meat to the review, it feels a bit incomplete to me. I would also get rid of the last 2 lines. Apart from that your writing is pretty good!

I obviously disagree with the rating, thought this was extremely bland and inoffensive but that's only my opinion.

Digging: Elizabeth Colour Wheel - Nocebo

MarsKid
March 2nd 2019

Gonna second that, this could use some work to help beef it up and expand on ideas. It's lacking at the moment. There are also a lot of awkward commas that turn sentences overlong or run-on, so I'd definitely keep an eye out for those.

Digging: Ni - Pantophobie

CoppolaT
March 3rd 2019

Thanks for your comments. I'll try to make my analysis more thourough regarding the Bowie influences. And I'll certainly revise my use of commas.

Digging: Pond (AUS) - Tasmania

Conmaniac
March 8th 2019

Tasmania slaps gonna jam this in full

Nocte
March 8th 2019

This was a pretty fun jam