Uada
Cult of a Dying Sun

by Hawks USER (101 Reviews)
December 11th, 2018 | 65 replies

Release Date: 2018 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Icy tremz of death!!!

There’s always certain bands that bring back the sounds of classic periods of music. Doesn’t matter the genre. Metal, hip-hop, pop, all of these genres have modern artists who pay homage to their peers that came before them. Uada is a melodic black metal band hailing from the frozen wastelands of....Portland, Oregon. Yes that’s right, this band isn’t from Sweden or Norway or anywhere else in Europe, but by the sound of them you wouldn’t know that.

Cult of a Dying Sun is the second album by these guys and it wastes no time getting to the point. You would think you just entered a ***ing Dissection album when these riffs hit you in the face. Uada lets the listener know from the opening track that they mean business. The main difference between an album like this and something like The Somberlain is the production. Everything on this album is crystal clear. Nothing is muffled or buried in the mix. The vocals are menacing. Not quite the normal black metal shriek. More of a wail of pain and suffering with some occasional death growls thrown in for good measure.

When you really break it down, the key to a successful melodic black metal album is simple. If you can achieve the perfect balance between catchy melodies and riffs while still maintaining the ferocity and hatred that really is the essence of black metal, then you’ll be successful. Uada do that and they do it exceptionally well. So if you like to headbang to some catchy tunes, get your head bashed in by some ice cold trems and listen to the turmoil of other humans via music, Cult of a Dying Sun should definitely be on your check list.

Pumpkin Witch Hovel of the Pumpkin WitchDeamon Descend Dethrone
Slow (BE) V - OceansEvoken Hypnagogia
Judas Iscariot An Ancient Starry SkyGoatmoon Finnish Steel Storm

Been meaning to write this one forever. You’re welcome Dewi. ;]

Digging: Jute Gyte - Verstiegenheit

Coast
December 11th 2018

This clicked big time when I came back to it. Great melodic bm.

Digging: Lubbert Das - De Plagen

December 11th 2018

Yep easily one of my favs this year.

December 11th 2018

this was pretty cool if I recall correctly

December 11th 2018

Their first album is cool too but this one is way better. Both worth jamming though. m/

Papa Universe

19232 Comments

*act of appreciation for the review*

cult of a dying POS

Digging: Two People - First Body

Hahahaha thanks bro. m/

pos w/o reading. xahrdcorex

Lmao thanks my man.

you're welcome habibti

m/ m/ m/ m/ m/

December 11th 2018

hawks, I must refer you to the The Ocean - Stones & Shit album thread (page 46). please head over there immediately.

Thalassic
December 11th 2018

Cool review. Album's solid stuff. Have a pos.

Dewinged
December 11th 2018

You motherfucking madman, you did it! I'm honored you saved your 100th review for my request. Ahrd pos m/m/m/

Digging: Two People - First Body

TheWonderSoFar
December 11th 2018

Artwork on this is stellar. Just checked the opener and it rips for sure. Will be checking this in full!

Digging: Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve

DrGonzo1937
December 11th 2018

Grats on your 100th review!

Azog
December 11th 2018

Great album. Nothing more, nothing less.

December 11th 2018

didn't like this as much as devoid of light, but still a great record

December 11th 2018

Much appreciated brothers. Yeah I mean used to have like 159 reviews but had a bunch deleted so it’s not as special but still cool lol.

Dewinged
December 11th 2018

The opener for this is probably one of my favorite BM tracks of the year.