Fall Out Boy
Lake Effect Kid

by CoolMosiac123 USER (3 Reviews)
August 31st, 2018 | 12 replies

Release Date: 2018 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Honestly, I was not expecting this from a band that just released their worst album of ever. Definitely give it a listen if you enjoy FOB older stuff as well as the new.

With a recent album M A N I A releasing just over 5 months ago it is suprising that Fall Out Boy would already release new material (Maybe they felt bad for the abomination that is M A N I A idk dude). It is a huge step forward from the generic cluster*** of an album that is mania with only one noteworthy song which is Champion.

Lake Effect Kid - This song is just a straight banger. It reminds me of the old stuff they released before their hiatus (like From Under the Cork tree). The guitar riffs is what drew me into song from the start (Let me clarify i thought this was some kind of B-Side from Mania. Might be tho). I really enjoy that the song has such a happy tone but after a quick look at the lyrics it was actually a little dark. 7/10

City in A Garden - This song had me pretty nervous since it reminded me of some songs on MANIA but i ended up liking it after a few listens. There is nothing of note except for a pretty nice intro to the song that got a little hyped but in the end let me down but didn't affect my opinion on the song too much... 5/10

Super Fade - Since I am a huge Ariana Grande fan i love this song. It just gets me so hyped a minute into the song. This song is what took this album from a 2.5 to a 3.5 in my books. Its just such a hype song to listen to. 8/10

I'm not a long time fan of the band since I've only heard 3 albums (Mania, Save Rock & Roll and American Beauty), but I say you should definitely give it a listen if you enjoy FOB older stuff as well as the new.

2.6

SweeneyTodd
August 31st 2018

this EP is really bad, i'm probably alone on this but Mania was better

McTime50
August 31st 2018

FOB have this thing where every new release makes me appreciate the last one more just because of how bad it is.

Digging: PUP - Morbid Stuff

Middle18

M A N I A is super underrated and their best since Folie

Tunaboy45

M A N I A is T R A S H

Digging: PUP - Morbid Stuff

GreyShadow
September 1st 2018

.....Mania was probably the worst album I have ever sat through by a long shot.

Digging: La Dispute - Panorama

GreyShadow
September 1st 2018

the first 2 songs on this are better than every song they've done since Alone Together.

SweeneyTodd

MANIA is a magnum opus compared to this 10 minute waste of time

Lucman
September 1st 2018

Mania was one of the most obnoxious records I have sat through in a long time. At least the first two tracks here attempt to be at least listenable.

Digging: Glen Hansard - This Wild Willing

Best review 2k18

Source
September 7th 2018

He says

"It reminds me of the old stuff they released before their hiatus (like From Under the Cork tree).

But then says

"I'm not a long time fan of the band since I've only heard 3 albums (Mania, Save Rock & Roll and American Beauty)"

Implying he's never heard From Under the Cork Tree lmao

ItsTheSquirrel
September 29th 2018

This is propably the best review I’ve ever read