Majesty of Silence
Zu Dunkel Für Das Licht

by Scuro F. STAFF
May 22nd, 2018 | 22 replies

Release Date: 05/25/2018 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Dies ist keine Geschichte…dies ist der…

UNTERGAAAANNNGG!!! ***cue wicked riffs***

With that explosive introduction flawlessly recreated above, these Swiss maniacs plunge without hesitation into a swirling cauldron of potent sub-genres and fearless experimentation. Somewhat surprisingly, Majesty of Silence has existed in its current incarnation since 1996, having released their last album prior to Zu Dunkel Fur Das Licht in early 2006 before drifting into relative obscurity. The band subsequently entered into an extensive hiatus which was recently dissolved in 2016, and this latest effort sees the remaining members carrying the torch, exploring heretofore uncharted ground as a two-piece. Forging ahead through intimidating new territory, the duo display a great deal of technical maturation and a refreshing willingness to attempt some ridiculous combinations.

While it may be redundant to mention that the most preferable way for the uninitiated to acquaint themselves with Majesty of Silence is to sample a portion first-hand, that’s exactly what I’m going to suggest. Nothing can quite prepare a listener for the grandiose, theatrical, punishing atmosphere achieved on this ultimate comeback record, and to be quite candid, I'm having a hard time classifying it myself. Kingdom: metallicus ?Well that's a given. Phylum: gothica, class: blackia churchburnicus, genus: melodeathius ?Now that's bananas. The only thing that can be imparted with absolute certainty is that the Swiss know their cheese, and as a humble connoisseur, this is top-shelf cheddar. Operatic female vocals ally with sonorous synths, soaring together over the jagged foundations laid down by incessant double-bass blasting and hair-brained guitar wizardry. Black metal inspired tremolo picking coalesces with melodic solos, inventive lyrics, inhuman howls and just about anything else you can name. The result is a little bit messy, occasionally overbearing, but wholly satisfying nonetheless.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Russkaja No One Is IllegalNatsukashii Driving East
Disturbed EvolutionKorpiklaani Kulkija
Jonathan Davis Black LabyrinthDream Troll The Witch's Curse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Irz3LJdoo1Q - a teaser trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YvHudZAD4lg - behind the scenes studio vid

https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/zu-dunkel-f%C3%BCr-das-licht/1386345067 - iTunes link

https://shop.rockshots.eu/en/home/1066-majesty-of-silence-zu-dunkel-fuer-das-licht.html - CD link

https://www.amazon.de/Zu-Dunkel-Für-Das-Licht/dp/B07D524WL6/ref=tmm_msc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1527233120&sr=1-1 - Amazon MP3's

TheSpirit
May 22nd 2018

I don't think I'd dig this, but fun review!

Digging: Arnaut Pavle - Arnaut Pavle

Elynna
May 22nd 2018

You piqued my interest, sound like something I would genuinely enjoy

Digging: The Windmill - Tribus

May 22nd 2018

Thanks for reading guys (: @TheSpirit I actually have a feeling you might like this man, it's kinda like CoF mixed with Immortal.

Alastor

2094 Comments

Dies ist kein review...

jk, will check as soon as this streams.

May 23rd 2018

Haha, hope you dig it (:

brainmelter
May 23rd 2018

whoa what is this

EphemeralEternity
May 24th 2018

very nice review my brethren

Hawks

Gotta hear this.

Digging: Erang - Kingdom Of Erang

May 24th 2018

Comes out tomorrow homies m/

Dimorphic
May 24th 2018

Where can I find this? Couldn't see it on Spotify or youtube. Nice review.

Digging: Sacred Son - Arthurian Catacombs

CugnoBrasso
May 24th 2018

I genuinely can't wait to hear this

Album's out guys

Conmaniac
May 25th 2018

lmao love this dude. your whimsical tone is always a pleasure to read! (even if this is NOT for me)

May 25th 2018

Cheers con (: that means a lot

Conmaniac