AngelMaker
Dissentient

by KingDweedle USER (2 Reviews)
May 15th, 2018 | 14 replies

Release Date: 02/25/2015 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Balls-slapped.

It's quite a feat when a band can say that they are the heaviest, most br00tal ball-crushing band of their ilk. Face it, every other deathcore/brutal death metal/classical piano folk group wants to be the most m/ thing you've ever heard, and in their recycled tremolo riffs, monotonous chugging and overuse of the blessed pig squeal, they fall flat on their faces. Why" Because musicianship is lost. In the hyper- masculine image they attempt (in vain, might I add) to uphold, there is no glimpse of fun to be had.

I think that's exactly what AngelMaker has. A sense that every blood curdling shriek was emitted with a smile. That every monstrous breakdown was slammed until each and every string was snapped. That the drummer, in his deep and unyielding love of the kick pedal became lost in a hazy realm of blast beats. Quite simply, AngelMaker loves what they're doing, and so there is a never a sense of "how can I take this seriously"". You don't. AngelMaker has set out to be the most over-the- top deathcore band out there, and do they succeed with flying colors. Between the catastrophic blast-beating and climbing tremolos of "Godless" and the absolutely destructive low end from "Abysmal", something that has been created that is a blend of every core cliche pumped to the absolute max. So prepare to get obliterated-you have entered the realm of deathcore pumped to it's limits.

May 15th 2018

Damn, shorter review than I thought it was going to be.

Ninjahague
May 15th 2018

o sweet an angelmaker revie-

aaaand its a bad soundoff

Digging: Emery - Eve

>:[

How else would one appropriately review AngelMaker?

They're just ridiculously over the top deathcore. I love them but don't necessarily see them as anything more.

SteakByrnes

nice

Digging: Daughters - You Won't Get What You Want

SomeGuyDude
May 15th 2018

Yeah, it doesn't need to be a long review. It's short and to the point and the album is damn good.

MotokoKusanagi
May 15th 2018

fun album that i quickly forgot about

May 16th 2018

I still maintain that this is the ultimate ballslapper

Bloon

I'll slap ur balls

Digging: Active Stenosis - Final Histopathology Report

May 29th 2018

Ouch me balls were slapped

SteakByrnes

September 6th 2018

even doper live

TundraL5Z
September 29th 2018

This album is truly something to behold, my favorite part of the album is the t/t into Citadel, a truly epic portion of the album proves this band is not a one trick pony, extremely exquisite guitar playing brings this album to another level