Sevendust
All I See Is War

by pizzamachine USER (220 Reviews)
May 12th, 2018 | 23 replies

Release Date: 2018 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Sevendust has arrived

Kill The Flaw was a beast of an album, Sevendust at their finest. But to kill a goliath you need to throw more stones, and Sevendust are back again chucking boulders. From the opening track fears of Sevendust watering down their style disappear. Dirty is a tight track with heavy riffs, a blistering guitar solo, and faultless harmonies. The rest of the album follows correspondingly. There are portions where they mellow out (especially in Not Original) but these are a welcome change of pace to an otherwise exquisite sonic assault. All I See Is War grips you from the start and doesn’t let go. The first four tracks are brutal. On a side note, it’s great hearing the return of Morgan’s Animosity-era screams.

It’s hard to pick a favourite on this album. It plays out like some greatest hits, Sevendust have duplicated the spirit of their best material. Try Unforgiven, a brutal song sounding like old Sevendust. You’ll find no mistaken identity in this collection of songs, the band is intensely focused on giving you what you paid for: Sevendust, not some other band. Lajon’s strong vocal presence continues to amaze and makes the whole thing better than a band like Breaking Benjamin could ever hope for. Shots fired. Melody after melody come sweeping in like a delicious IPA drink (or whatever drink appeals to you), and one realization enters - All I See Is War is just mindblowing.

There are no holes in this vessel, just a well-written and produced album. The songs can be crushing and beautiful at the same time (best example: Risen). The heaviness here is typical but the melodies are especially powerful here, given a tenacious spotlight. We still get slammers like The Truth but this is a more matured and polished band than before. Age has only made this band better, and let’s hope they continue to progress.

Within Temptation The Silent ForceBreaking Benjamin Ember
Animals As Leaders The Madness of ManyDraconian A Rose For The Apocalypse
Draconian Turning Season WithinPower Quest Face The Raven
3.3
Robert Garland CONTRIBUTOR (2)
Sevendust regress, failing to meet the simplest of expectations....

Puckoff
May 12th 2018

This album is so awesome. This band just gets better and better

Amen brother!

Nocte

Holy 5 Batman!

High five!🖐🏻

Toondude10

inb4 Nocte releases his review

this is really nothing more than Sevendust going through the motions. Though the production on this is absolute ass.

Digging: Teramaze - Esoteric Symbolism

SteakByrnes
May 12th 2018

Hi pizza good review yes

Digging: Rich Brian - The Sailor

May 12th 2018

Yeah it’s definitely Sevendust doing their thing.

Yo man 😎

May 13th 2018

Wwwaahhh someone ghost neg me, imma cuddle my teddy bear 🐻

Puckingham
May 13th 2018

I used to love me some Sevendust, and their acoustic albums have been top notch, but Im finding myself getting bored with the nu metal style palm muted riffs with little deviation from the g string (hah). I'd like to hear lajons voice over a more eclectic sound instrumentally like soilworks past few albums.

May 13th 2018

That sounds fascinating! Make it happen bro m/

Dewinged
May 13th 2018

New SD is 5!? Whoa! I'm intrigued now.

Digging: Cross Record - Cross Record

butcherboy

don't be, Dewi

PayneTiger777
May 13th 2018

I think I still like Kill the Flaw a little more than this, however, I've only listened to this a few times so far. My favorite tracks are Sickness and Not Original. LJ is still one of the best vocalists around.

ignorethefashion
May 13th 2018

I love this band, but I haven't cared much for any of the post-Alpha albums. It's nowhere near a 5 for me, but AISIW is the best of their more recent stuff imo. There are a few snoozer tracks here, but they're on top of their game in others--combining memorable hooks and vocal harmonies with occasional moments of raw intensity.

Dewinged
May 13th 2018

Lol butch. I liked their debut a lot but tbh i was much younger and lacked a proper beard.

I got into them late, and I’m 28 with a full beard and close to death

BlackMalachite
May 13th 2018

This band is so fucking consistent it hurts

Toondude10
May 13th 2018

"This band is so fucking consistent it hurts"

PickleVai17
May 13th 2018

Great album with first few listens. Sevendust has always been pretty consistent with their music, so this is no suprise.

cloakanddagger
May 13th 2018

Love this band, album's great but I can't help but think it's a small step down from their past two releases. Black out the Sun has gotta be my favourite album they've done since Clint has returned.