Power Quest
Face The Raven

by pizzamachine USER (220 Reviews)
March 17th, 2018 | 15 replies

Release Date: 2016 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Catchy stuff right here.

Power Quest puts the power in power metal, literally. Regarding the music itself, well, it’s pretty awesome. I’ve always enjoyed this band to some degree, and this EP hasn’t changed my mind. By which I mean I like it, but I wouldn’t say it’s my jam either. But I don’t always want jam, sometimes I want peanut butter. This EP is the peanut butter to my jam crisis. It gives you a pleasant taste but I wouldn’t want too much of it. After all, this is an entirely generic EP. But who really cares, it’s music and music is nifty.

Decent, yet forgettable melodies abound betwixt tight instrumentation. Power Quest know their stuff, certainly, and they’re a pleasure to listen to. The riffs aren’t that crazy, like the drums, but you tend to forget when their chemistry is so well woven. The stand out here is the new singer who manages to sound good, and not cheesy or irritating (a problem consistent in power metal). He uses his lower range greatly but still busts out higher notes, but not enough to sound ridiculous. Add in a couple guitar solos, and you have an assured victory for the predictable genre.

This was a fun time. I don’t listen to power metal as much as I used to but this composition might change my mind. Power Quest are as good as I remember them. Power metal is also pretty entertaining. I would listen to this again, and I will. Absolutely nothing wrong with a solid/predictable release when you can head bang to it. Enjoy!

Within Temptation The Silent ForceBreaking Benjamin Ember
Animals As Leaders The Madness of ManySevendust All I See Is War
Draconian A Rose For The ApocalypseDraconian Turning Season Within

March 17th 2018

haven’t seen you in days pizza

March 17th 2018

Married life is busy lol

RippingCorpse1986
March 17th 2018

Oh boyy this reminds me I haven't listened to my power metal stuff in a long time.

I only jammed Master of Illusion from these guys. Solid stuff, guess I should check the rest.

JustJoe.
March 17th 2018

HOLY SHIT IT'S PIZZAMACHINE.

RippingCorpse1986
March 17th 2018

Just noticed they reunited a few years ago and released a studio album last year. Should discog them soon.

SteakByrnes

Pizza bb

Digging: Ithaca - The Language of Injury

March 17th 2018

It is I! Yup, listen to them and fun will be had.😎🤘🏻🏇🏻

whoa

whoa bro yo though

March 18th 2018

Well, congratulations! I can definitely agree to that.

Nocte
March 18th 2018

It’s Pizza!!!!!!!! It’s good to see you kicking around the site again

March 18th 2018

Thanks bro 😁, yeah I never intend to leave lol. Good to see you too.

MotokoKusanagi
March 19th 2018

power metal isn't my thing either but this is fun for sure. different in sound but I'd compare it to Cauldron's In Ruin where I enjoy it in somewhat of a tongue-in-cheek fashion

Digging: DJ Central - Li'ud