The Plot In You
Dispose

good

by DAKODA USER (9 Reviews)
March 3rd, 2018 | 88 replies

Release Date: 2018 | Tracklist

Review Summary: This album showcases a new sound and one that they could master in time.

Is it just me or has every so called metalcore band from the past 10 years just turned into heavier alternative rock bands after their first few records.

Anyways here’s another example of a chugging style metalcore band that has lost all interested in producing anything that resembles metal. Ironically Landon Tewers (guitarist of Before Their Eyes at the time) started The Plot In You as a side project to make “heavy music” in his words and look at where we’re at now.

I like this album more than I like to admit. We can see Landon’s unique songwriting and wild creativity in his solo album Dynamite (if you haven’t listened to it please do) but with his band I think he’s too afraid to try different compositions than what The Plot In You fans are use to and in return too much of the bands music is plagued by predictably. Yes, the band is shifting genres but ultimately a lot of the tracks on Dispose end up being just nice melodies with familiar structure and his lyrics while not bad are just extremely generic and forgettable. At least I remember the bad lyrics from Dynamite.

I find Landon’s voice impeccable. His highs come in at just the right time on each track and sound phenomenal in combination with his rough sounding lows and mids. The production is tight and brings all the instrumentation together quite nicely. Disposable Fix is by far the best track as it separates itself from the normal structure of the other tracks and the use of audio engineering really shines here. Unlike the cheap vocal skipping effect in Feel Nothing we have a metallic effect on Landon’s voice that perfectly transports you into the music with a hard-hitting bass heavy section towards the end that also incorporates some unexpected guitar riffing that adds another depth that is just plain awesome. The Sound and I Always Wanted To Leave are really the only other two tracks worth mentioning. The use of horned instruments are a focal point in The Sound and it is a nice break for the album. As for I Always Wanted To Leave, it’s just a really well written and performed song.

I’d like to know why Happy on this album. This track is pointless and has absolutely no place. I feel like this was just put on here because he ran out of ideas but still wanted a ten track LP. Besides this track I think this is a pretty good album. Yeah, some of these songs bare resemblance to Sempiternal but, hey, it happens. If Landon takes what he did with Disposable Fix and incorporates it into the next album I think we’ll have something really good to look forward to.

Stages and Stereos Small Town FavoritesThe Story So Far What You Don't See
Go Radio Close the DistanceThe Plot In You Could You Watch Your Children Burn
Crown the Empire The FalloutCity Lights In It To Win It
3.1
good
DropTune (1)
Poor songwriting and uninspired music makes Dispose 2018's rock-bottom....

BlackMalachite
March 4th 2018

Tbh, this album was just barely enjoyable. Not quite stale enough to be average, but just barely reaches that 3

Wack album

sempiturtle

Album is lit

igordrago
March 4th 2018

This album is garbage was never really a fan in the first place but thought id check it out , its far worse then anything else they have put out and that's saying a lot .

doc23
March 4th 2018

Ironic he made this band to make something "heavier" yet this lacks any real form of aggression what so ever. I liked a couple old songs , Landon was kinda unique but this is kinda dreadful IMO.

That feel when this is only .1 above Wife Beater lmao

nahhhh

BlackMalachite

I really couldn't get into this, lowering to a 2.5

March 6th 2018

I'm only 2 or 3 tracks into it, but I don't hate this so far like I expected. I've heard WAY worse. My first impression is this feels like a smoother transition to a more melodic sound than most similar bands have pulled off recently.

sempiturtle
March 6th 2018

I wasn't even a fan of these guys before this album lol, it's just that good.

Their first two are trash.

Garbage opinion

JayEnder
March 6th 2018

Cool review man. One Last Time is just one of their best songs and it gives this album an automatic 3

Digging: Secret Band - LP2

March 6th 2018

Listened to this in whole on the way to work. Man there's some juicy hooks on this and the vocals are great as always. The One You Loved and The Sound really stood out. But fuck the guy who said Disposable Fix was the best TPIY song, I did not appreciate that troll.

JayEnder
March 6th 2018

Dude that song is trash.

March 6th 2018

It's not even a song. Someone said that and I took the bait haha. I was so annoyed when the album just ended, I expected a big finish.

BurnMyThighs

riiiiight

March 7th 2018

go back to your old account Thrust.

March 7th 2018

Disposable Fix is probably the worst on here yea

DreamAgain
March 7th 2018

Man this album is so far above the rest of their disco it's not even close. Yea if all you love is monotone breakdowns and constant chugging I can see how this album would piss fans off.