Genocide Pact
Order Of Torment

by MewCore USER (13 Reviews)
February 21st, 2018 | 24 replies

Release Date: 2018 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Crushingly groovy, uncompromising and primitive, pure to the form of old school death metal with creative tempo changes that inspire relentless, intrinsic hate.

Though this should be death doom I find the categorization lacking because rhythm changes so organic that your usual, run of the mill death metal sounds uninspired and monotone in comparison.
In a genre that adheres to it’s orthodox roots one cannot deviate too much because the original magic would be lost. What can be done is refinement of the formula, and that formula is perfected by the latest chronicles of Genocide Pact.

Every cymbal hit, blast beat and palm muted guitar chug is perfectly audible in the abyss of underground crevice that rejects light and expulses pure animalistic contempt. I would prescribe this fine album as an antianxiolytic for every stressful situation imaginable.
One simply can’t disregard the feeling of being PUMPED while listening to a composition that is consistent and flowing as Order of Torment. Some vocal performers seem strained and tiring while performing, but what we have here is so effortless and bestial that sir Tim Mullaney, the fine bellower of Genocide Pact sounds as natural as a wolf howling, dog barking or a demon simply stating the limitless metaphysics of suffering that awaits his less than eager subject. His rasp ultra low growl is accompanied by a tremolo guitar that’s more often than not in sync with percussion. This combo produces breathtaking and fun, yet incredibly hard hitting performance. Slowing down when one might expect the song will speed up and vice versa grabs attention and inspires revisiting this barbaric, primal explosion that’s so well rounded it makes the listener feel as if he is introduced to death metal for the first time.
Certain parts are even funeral doom like, not so in the rhythm sense because tempo never slows down to a dying crawl, but because impact is so weighty, hard as an tectonic plate movement.

If early Entombed recorded their material some decades later with ferocious vocals, more death and less ‘roll it might sound just like this. Great stuff!

Dance With the Dead B-Sides: Vol. 1Wormwood Ghostlands - Wounds From A Bleeding Earth
Our Place of Worship is Silence The Embodiment of HateProfane Order Tightened Noose of Sanctimony
Whitehouse Bird SeedKriegsmaschine Enemy of Man

Dewinged

19627 Comments

You definitely show you enjoyed this album ;).

Good review man, i would divide it into some paragraphs, but that's just me. Have a pos.

Digging: Cressida - Cressida

Nocte
February 21st 2018

A good start would be to look at some grammar, then breaking some of all this wall into paragraphs.

As for the music; man this is run of the mill.

Tnx for the suggestions - since it's short I didn't bother paragraphing :-/

As for grammar - pointing at what you mean sure would help!

Auto proofing only gets me so far :-/

I get why some people might not be into this. Execution is simply superb for my ears so I recommended it. It's not original, that's for sure :D

accompliceofmydeath
February 21st 2018

Dang, you really liked this. You've convinced me to at least give it another spin.

Digging: Mindforce - Swingin Swords, Choppin Lords,

botb
February 21st 2018

Stoked someone reviewed this, it rips

sonictheplumber

this your band?

brainmelter
February 22nd 2018

nice never heard of this

Digging: Defeated Sanity - The Sanguinary Impetus

TheSpirit
February 22nd 2018

Oh hey, I've been seeing this band pop up quite a bit lately. I'm not really sure I get the appeal. This seems like dime a dozen death/doom to me.

12071 Comments

I liked this on first listen when was un-reviewed...gonna give it another go to see if my 4 stands or falls (doubt it raises but who knows)

Digging: Cirith Ungol - Forever Black

Dewinged

19627 Comments

It was alright.

12071 Comments

"Though this should be death doom I find the categorization lacking because rhythm changes so organic that your usual"

I'd say this is Grind&Doom&Hardcore. I think my 4 rating will stay for now but its prob a fair 3.5.

Oh and TKS for the review MewC

oltnabrick
August 20th 2018

this is fun. I liked it

Digging: Six Feet Under - Live With Full Force

December 18th 2018

12071 Comments

I'm glad I came back to this. It's one muscular piece of grindy deathdoom.

Fun as hell

December 19th 2018

12071 Comments

I ask for attention to the "second part" of this album gentleman...there's some bad ass solos and bangers there m/

Deathconscious
January 6th 2019

damn, this grooves.

Digging: Defeated Sanity - The Sanguinary Impetus

January 28th 2019

12071 Comments

I don't know about the AVG man. This album is badass! All riffs, grooves and solos bad ass af!

January 28th 2019