Sargeist
Satanic Black Devotion

by Hawks USER (106 Reviews)
January 14th, 2018 | 74 replies

Release Date: 2003 | Tracklist

Review Summary: ALL HAIL LORD SATAN

Black metal is a gimmick to a lot of people. Those who don't understand metal or simply don't listen to it will never get the appeal. Listening to music made by grown men who dress up in zombie makeup and parade around forests with no shirts and spiked wrist bands seems crazy. But black metal invokes a feeling like no other subgenre of metal, even the harshest of bands such as Finland's Sargeist with their debut full length album Satanic Black Devotion .

Finnish metal in general is very somber no matter if it's black metal, death, doom, etc. You get a feeling of despair and/or certain death while listening to this album. The riffs are hypnotic and repetitive which is absolutely perfect. Hypnotic yes, but also extremely catchy, melodic and straight up cold. The vocals are agonizing in the best possible way. Raspy, uncomfortable, and most of all, evil as hell.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out what this album is all about. It's all Satan, all the time. If you're all about experiencing a trip through the depths of the Dark Lord's lair then this album would be a great choice. If you just like riffs, jamming and throwing back some brews then this would also be a great choice. Get down with the devil my friends, you won't regret it.

Cara Neir Part III / Part IVGrouper Cover the Windows and the Walls
Nokturnal Funeral Creatures of the NightWarmoon Lord Burning Banners of the Funereal War
Quercus VerferumPumpkin Witch Hovel of the Pumpkin Witch

January 14th 2018

Omg a fucking Hawks review. m/

Very short and prob sucks but I thought it was a travesty that this classic still didn't have one. Disciple of the Heinous Path is still my fav Sargeist, but fuck these guys do no wrong in my eyes. One of the most underappreciated bm bands ever.

Digging: Wicca Phase Springs Eternal - Suffer On

ramon.
January 14th 2018

This is far and away the most hawks thing I’ve ever experienced, ahrdest fucking pos, review is digs m///

ScuroFantasma
January 14th 2018

m/ you're doing gods work

well sorta

Digging: Windswept - The Onlooker

Fuck yessssssss. m/

ScuroFantasma
January 14th 2018

Convinced me to nab it, riffs are cold as fuuuuunhhhkkk

Dewinged

Omg a fucking Hawks review. m/ [2]

Not bad, Hawks, not bad at all.

Digging: Chasms - The Mirage

rasputin

such a great band

BlackwaterPork
January 14th 2018

Well fucking done hawksy, great review

POS

Nice review Hawks. I'll check this tomorrow. Pos'd

Thanks brotha. m/

DungeonBoy
January 15th 2018

How does this compare to Let The Devil In, because that is the only Sargiest album I've ever jammed, but that is some solid melodic bm.

Digging: Vanum - Ageless Fire

zaruyache

20386 Comments

that album has much higher/cleaner production values is is def more "modern bm", while still holding a lot of an old school feel. This is pretty similar, but the much rawer sound makes it feel like normal second wave bm, but really icy.

necropig

Snape, snape, severus snape

OOOOOOO the dark lord

Digging: Liers In Wait - Spiritually Uncontrolled Art

January 15th 2018

Agreed with what Zar said. I dig the first 2 albums most but Let the Devil In slays and the newest one is solid too.

Doctuses
January 15th 2018

first paragraph is so true lol, also "You don't have to be a genius to figure out what this album is all about. It's all Satan, all the time." this made me laugh.

m/ m/ m/ m/ m/