Volahn/Xaxamatza
Gods of Pandemonium

by TheSpirit CONTRIBUTOR (136 Reviews)
January 12th, 2018 | 12 replies

Release Date: 2018 | Tracklist

Review Summary: worship black twilight

After two years of slumber, The Black Twilight Circle has awakened, and its done so with fury. Before the first night of this new year had gone, Gods of Pandemonium descended upon us. Helmed by BTC patriarch Eduardo Ramirez, title track “Gods of Pandemonium” reaffirms what some may have forgotten in his absence; Volahn is the premier voice of the underground. Emptying his repertoire, the track seizes the essence of Ramirez’s inspirations – Sarcofago’s subhuman battering, Vlad Tepes entrancing mysticism, and the downright superiority of Emperor’s grandiosity – and assimilates them into his own deviant sound. Xaxamatza - the newest heirs of The Black Twilight Circle legacy - have even more to prove. “In The Form of Pyramids and with Languages of Fire” is ornate, but substantial. It radiates wintry ambience, enveloping a moonlit landscape in blizzardous beauty that’s treacherous as it is gorgeous. It’s an amazingly developed and dynamic piece, valuing nuance and chaos in equal measure. With two spellbinding tracks, Gods of Pandemonium would turn even the most stubborn of infidels into the most ardent of worshippers.

With the End in Mind Unraveling; ArisingLes Discrets Virée Nocturne
The Black Twilight Circle Tliltic TlapoyauakBook Of Sand Occult Anarchist Propaganda
Xavlegbmaofffassssit.... GoreTevlo/Veela Icy Love EP

January 11th 2018

Short review. Tried to make it a bit more interesting. The ending is a bit abrupt, but I’ll fix later. Super short but great release.

Digging: Witches Moon - A Storm of Golden Mare and Black Cauldron

StarlessCore

black twilighttttttt

January 11th 2018

Split rules, other one is good too

zaruyache
January 11th 2018

this split is better tho if i remember right.

It is

It definitely is

Astral Abortis

Gotta jam soon

January 12th 2018

I'd like to think you'd enjoy this, but sometimes you surprise me.

MoosechriS
January 12th 2018

The pro tapes for this and the other split are up on the CN store now if anyone is interested.

Digging: Regurgitate - Carnivorous Erection

Hawks
January 13th 2018

Where can I jam this bros???

Digging: Sigh - Infidel Art

January 13th 2018

Here: https://crepusculonegro.bandcamp.com/album/cn-34-volahn-xaxamatza-gods-of-pandemonium

Here's the other BTC split too if you're interested: https://crepusculonegro.bandcamp.com/album/cn-33-bhl-kallathon-camino-de-guerra

Hawks
January 13th 2018

Fuck yessssssss I looked on Bandcamp I must've just missed it, will jam later tonight.