The Garden
U Want The Scoop?

by Mort. CONTRIBUTOR (56 Reviews)
January 3rd, 2018 | 10 replies

Release Date: 2017 | Tracklist

Review Summary: U Want the scoop? Yeah I got it bby

U Want The Scoop? is a strange little exercise in absurdity. ‘Clay’ opens it with the rhythmic squeaks of what sounds suspiciously like a dog toy, before diving into a dazzling post-punk piss-take; lyrics like “I like cereal, but I aint no cereal killer” are crooned over serene synths and frenetic drumming with what comes close to an auditory grin. ‘Have A Good Day Sir’ is a lumbering tale recounting a conversation with a police officer, replete with gabbled lyrics, mimicking voices and a sheen of knowing humour. ‘All Access’ is a mad circus dance-punk track with clapping snares and high pitched synth. ‘U Want The Scoop’ is a tauntingly strange song that tells you of the man from (splip?) who asks if you want the scoop repeatedly, as well as whether you are in on the loop. However, I don’t think anyone can say they are in on the loop with this. It’s short, weird and bafflingly listenable considering it’s all a bit of a joke. Regardless though, that was the scoop.

Colossamite Economy of MotionKero Kero Bonito TOTEP
Wolf Alice Visions of a LifeSeeYouSpaceCowboy... Fashion Statements of the Socially Aware
Unsane SterilizeGeotic Neptune

January 3rd 2018

oh yeh its ya boy mort. back with the one paragraph reviews cos hes lazy and sucks

Digging: American Football - American Football (LP3)

Papa Universe
January 3rd 2018

how did you become a contributor?

Fuck knows

neekafat

This looks beautiful

VaxXi
January 4th 2018

this review is pretty fitting for the EP, truth be told. i wanted to write a review for it back when it came out but decided that writing a singular paragraph probably wasn't a good idea.

Drifter
January 4th 2018

I would rather have the snoop

neekafat
January 4th 2018

I do wish it said "tha" actually

same tbh

im not denying it.

January 5th 2018

well dont be surprised then my fellow