Rollins Band

good

by Simon STAFF
November 28th, 2017 | 2 replies

Release Date: 2000 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Get some -> leave it alone.

For the consistently ruthless nature of Henry Rollins, Get Some Go Again was the first album, post Rollins Band disintegration, where long-time members Chris Haskett and Sim Cain bit the bullet to make way for a fresh perspective in Get Some Go Again’s development; the replacements being 80% of LA rock band Mother Superior. The irony: many could view this switch up as having an integral hand in the band’s death just a year later. Nevertheless, this offering fairs far better than that of Nice, though struggles to maintain next to its unwavering back-catalogue. Filled with the usual blare we’ve come to expect from Rollins: be it the pulse-pounding “I Go Day Glo”; the galloping “Are You Ready”; or pendulum swaying bulldozer of “On the Day”, fans of the band’s sonic savagery will be pleased here. But you can’t help but feel the overall result is a little blunt, one-note and collectively dull when compared to how eclectic Rollins Band albums have been in the past. The long winded run-time is still present, but with how derivative and recycled it all sounds, it makes a full listen a complete chore. It’s a solid record, to be sure, but a key indicator in the demise of a once brilliant hardcore band.

Good.

EDTIONS: CD//D̶I̶G̶I̶T̶A̶L

PACKAGING: Standard jewel case.

SPECIAL EDITION: Numerous versions are available, featuring different tracks and/or extra bonus songs.