Danimal Cannon
Lunaria

by Dedes USER (86 Reviews)
November 13th, 2017 | 24 replies

Release Date: 2016 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Grab your Sunny D and Gameboy. Its time for a road trip.

Lunaria is a vast soundscape rife with magical essence and playful bounciness that is somehow a cohesive blend of 8-bit, chug-happy metalcore and a sprinkling of rave music. For those who grew up on a diet of Gameboy advance and Nintendo 64, this will be a rampant flood of awesome childhood memories, as good Nintendocore tends to bring. However, this doesn’t mean that there isn’t a whole vault of awesome raditude waiting to be unlocked for everyone else, because Lunaria works on a level that goes beyond the fun gimmick that is often Nintendocore. This is because of just how vibrant and mystical this record really is. The track “ Axis” flings you into the midst of a chaotic battleground where explosions dot the sky and bullets whiz through the air. The track “Collision Effect” plunges you right into the midst of a giant dungeon, facing down a gargantuan, green goliath with nothing but your most trusted dagger by your side. Each track regardless of your nostalgic attachment to Nintendo immerses you into a whole new realm, one where you are the master of your fate. One where you are a superhuman capable of immense power that one could only dream of.

To put it simply, this album radiates with fun and badassery, a mix attributed to hefty guitar chugs and fantastical 8-bit sounds that imbrue you with a sense of wonder. Even the interludes are their own bits of beauty, serving as the perfect way to take the energy down a notch in order to toss you back into the fray once more. Both “Interlude” and “Postlude” are soothing, perhaps even slightly mesmerizing, and so when a track like “Red Planet” blasts in with its wild arpeggio’s, the impact is increased tenfold. Before I become redundant I will close this off with one statement to summarize everything- this album is the pinnacle of fun. Those worlds unreachable many of us yearn for where the dismal aspects of life don’t exist become a reality, and everything falls into place. If only. For. A moment.

Whitney Light Upon the LakeYugen Blakrok Return of the Astro​-​Goth
Yhdarl LossGhost Atlas All Is In Sync, and There's Nothing Left to Sing
Taake Noregs VaapenHorns and Hooves Morbid Lust

Nice review Dedes, pos

Digging: Thy Light - No Morrow Shall Dawn

This is fucking gold

Thanks pork

November 13th 2017

Don't let the thread die out!!! I need people to check this band.

November 13th 2017

Nice review, will have to check this out

Digging: Palm Reader - Braille

November 13th 2017

Yeah man it's definitely something you would enjoy. Also thanks for the Ghost Atlas rec, fucking Sacred Organs is such a sexy song.

November 13th 2017

Hell yea dude, Ghost Atlas rules so much. Their new album comes out on Friday so be sure to check that as well my guy m/

I will!

November 13th 2017

Oh fuck also here is the bandcamp link to this https://danimalcannon.bandcamp.com/

BlushfulHippocrene
November 14th 2017

Nice stuff, Dedes, doesn't sound like my kinda thing but I'll give it a look anyway.

Digging: Half Waif - Lavender

November 14th 2017

8-bit is an all encompassing genre :p also thanks!

November 14th 2017

Alright who’s the slimy fucking piece of shit cunt who negged this?

Lol pork I love you

Love you too
But guess who I don’t love
The goddamn retarded motherfooking sack of shit twatfaced dickhead who negged the review

November 14th 2017

As you can tell, I also love swearing

November 14th 2017

Nah idc about negs at all no worries

dbizzles

you had me at 8-bit

November 14th 2017

Listen to it bizzbro, shit is fun

Avagantamos
November 14th 2017

whoa I didn't know other people knew about this guy. I haven't heard this but parallel processing is amazing. I was kinda avoiding it since it had guitar on top of the chiptune. I will definitely give this a shot.

November 15th 2017

The guitar work on this packs a massive punch honestly so yeah listen to this.