Danimal Cannon
Lunaria

by kingdedethefifth USER (79 Reviews)
November 13th, 2017 | 22 replies

Release Date: 2016 | Tracklist

Review Summary: Grab your Sunny D and Gameboy. Its time for a road trip.

Lunaria is a vast soundscape rife with magical essence and playful bounciness that is somehow a cohesive blend of 8-bit, chug-happy metalcore and a sprinkling of rave music. For those who grew up on a diet of Gameboy advance and Nintendo 64, this will be a rampant flood of awesome childhood memories, as good Nintendocore tends to bring. However, this doesn’t mean that there isn’t a whole vault of awesome raditude waiting to be unlocked for everyone else, because Lunaria works on a level that goes beyond the fun gimmick that is often Nintendocore. This is because of just how vibrant and mystical this record really is. The track “ Axis” flings you into the midst of a chaotic battleground where explosions dot the sky and bullets whiz through the air. The track “Collision Effect” plunges you right into the midst of a giant dungeon, facing down a gargantuan, green goliath with nothing but your most trusted dagger by your side. Each track regardless of your nostalgic attachment to Nintendo immerses you into a whole new realm, one where you are the master of your fate. One where you are a superhuman capable of immense power that one could only dream of.

To put it simply, this album radiates with fun and badassery, a mix attributed to hefty guitar chugs and fantastical 8-bit sounds that imbrue you with a sense of wonder. Even the interludes are their own bits of beauty, serving as the perfect way to take the energy down a notch in order to toss you back into the fray once more. Both “Interlude” and “Postlude” are soothing, perhaps even slightly mesmerizing, and so when a track like “Red Planet” blasts in with its wild arpeggio’s, the impact is increased tenfold. Before I become redundant I will close this off with one statement to summarize everything- this album is the pinnacle of fun. Those worlds unreachable many of us yearn for where the dismal aspects of life don’t exist become a reality, and everything falls into place. If only. For. A moment.

Ellende TodbringerDeath in June But, What Ends When the Symbols Shatter?
Comeback Kid Turn It AroundDalek Endangered Philosophies
Eluveitie Evocation II: PantheonDays N Daze Rogue Taxidermy

Nice review Dedes, pos

Digging: Desolate Shrine - Deliverance From The Godless Void

This is fucking gold

Thanks pork

November 13th 2017

Don't let the thread die out!!! I need people to check this band.

November 13th 2017

Nice review, will have to check this out

Digging: Ghost Atlas - All Is In Sync, and There's Nothing Left to Sing

November 13th 2017

Yeah man it's definitely something you would enjoy. Also thanks for the Ghost Atlas rec, fucking Sacred Organs is such a sexy song.

November 13th 2017

Hell yea dude, Ghost Atlas rules so much. Their new album comes out on Friday so be sure to check that as well my guy m/

I will!

November 13th 2017

Oh fuck also here is the bandcamp link to this https://danimalcannon.bandcamp.com/

BlushfulHippocrene

2013 Comments

Nice stuff, Dedes, doesn't sound like my kinda thing but I'll give it a look anyway.

Digging: Julien Baker - Turn Out The Lights

November 14th 2017

8-bit is an all encompassing genre :p also thanks!

November 14th 2017

Alright who’s the slimy fucking piece of shit cunt who negged this?

Lol pork I love you

Love you too
But guess who I don’t love
The goddamn retarded motherfooking sack of shit twatfaced dickhead who negged the review

November 14th 2017

As you can tell, I also love swearing

November 14th 2017

Nah idc about negs at all no worries

dbizzles

you had me at 8-bit

Digging: Summoning - Oath Bound

November 14th 2017

Listen to it bizzbro, shit is fun

Avagantamos
November 14th 2017

whoa I didn't know other people knew about this guy. I haven't heard this but parallel processing is amazing. I was kinda avoiding it since it had guitar on top of the chiptune. I will definitely give this a shot.

Digging: Nathan Fake - Steam Days

November 15th 2017

The guitar work on this packs a massive punch honestly so yeah listen to this.