Tower of Rome
All Is Lost...All Is Lost...All Is Yet To Be Found

by Supercoolguy64 USER (85 Reviews)
January 9th, 2017 | 7 replies

Release Date: 2004 | Tracklist

Review Summary: This is the type of shit to crush your Monsters too

All Is Lost...All Is Lost...All Is Yet To Be Found is the debut album by Chicago nu-grind outfit Tower of Rome. The eleven-track, nine-minute full-length includes many staples of the 2000’s MySpace-core sound: Glossy, treble-heavy production, dog-yelp vocals, and metalcore-esque “chugga-chugga” riffage. When I first listen to this album, I thought it sounded like a shitty run-of-the-mill grindcore album. After a while I realized that it was actually great run-of-the-mill grindcore! The production is too bright for my tastes; loud vocals and loud drums doesn’t suit the quiet-by-comparison guitars well, and that vocalist’s voice get’s pretty grating after a while. Still, “Girls That Smoke Gross Me Out To The Max” has a bitchin’ metalcore breakdown near the end that makes me want to crush a scenester’s head with my 120 lb cock, even if that breakdown is rehashed (poorly) on “I Guess Moods Just Go With The Seasons Around Here”. Annoying production/vocals mixed with excellent riffs and trax. Just like this band, I don't have a whole lot to say, and because of that this review will be short, just like their debut album.