Bad Company is probaly one of the first supergroups to come about and IMO they are one of the best. With super talented vocalist paul rodgers who had already recieved quite a good deal of success with his old band free.Guitarist mick ralphs came from the band mott the hopples.Simon kirke also comes from the sucessful Free. Bassist Boz Burrell comes from King Crimson. The music from bad company is different than anything any of the members have done with past bands. It is hailed to be the best from the band and rightfully so i believe. Many of the songs were big hits for the band and continue to get classic rock radio airplay. The most major hit for them when the album was released especially in the U.S. was Can't Get Enough
. The album was recorded in 1974 .They were the first act signed to Led Zeppelin's Swan Song Records. Now onto the songs.
1) Can't Get Enogh- This is the
perfect way to start off a Bad Company album. very simplistic hard rock but what a mighty riff it is. this was probaly the biggest hit off the album. and some great vocals by the great Paul Rodgers...of course. One of my favorites off the album
2) Rock Steady- The second track serves up some great blues-rock the guitar in this one really stands out. There is some really great drumming on this on some of the best on the album probaly. probaly not as popular as some of the other tracks but still a fantastic track.
3) Ready For Love- Bad Company decides to slow it down on this track. What stands out on this track are the wonderful vocals. with some great piano work by paul. everything else just seems to be mediocre.
4) Don't Let Me Down- Another slow one...thats not a bad thing though. it has a great horn solo followed buy a brilliant guitar solo. and some great drumming.
5) Bad Company- Most of you have probaly heard this song at one point or another. seeing how it is rather popular. some great piano work in the beginning with some great vocals. all of the band seems to really be flowin on this track. i personally can't find anything wrong with it.
6) The Way I Choose- this is a very mediocre song compared to the rest of the songs. we get some decent singing and some good drumming but thats about it on this song.
7) Movin' On- A change of pace with this song from the last few. This is back to the rockin style you got from the beginning of the album. on this track there is some brilliant guitar work and some of the best drumming heard on here.great overall song
8) Seagull- a nice soft acoustic ballad to close out the album. always a great way to close an album. some nice guitar work and vocals. although i just find this song ok.
Overall this is just an excellent album especially for a debut. If you like classic rock or just rock in general i would highly recommend that you pick this album up.
great album 4.8/5 amazing album